Two weeks ago I updated g900vvru1b0a8 on my samsung galaxy S5. Since that time, my contacts keep crashing and it takes a very long time to switch between apps. I can click on phone ... a few seconds and then it will open with a white screen and take probably 30 sec to actually open. It does this whenever I switch to different app. I've tried taking out the battery, restarting and nothing is helping. Any ideas?

If I can't fix this update, how do I go back to last update?
    03-25-2015 11:51 AM
    Was the update over the air, or did you download a file and sideload it?

If it was over the air, take the phone to your carrier, tell them that their update broke your phone and would they please fix it. If they have to send it out, tell them that a) you need your phone and b) they caused the problem, so either provide you with a loaner until your phone comes back or accept fiscal responsibility for any money you may lose until it does - in writing, signed by the store manager or, if it's an independent store, the owner. (Liability laws vary, but in the US it's generally, "you broke it, you pay for it".) Back the phone up first (see below), because they may flash an earlier ROM.

If you downloaded the file and sideloaded it yourself, download an earlier ROM from SamMobile Firmwares and follow our [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN guide. (You can't "go back", you have to flash the ROM you want, which means losing all your data, so save everything first - see Backing up an Android Phone.) Flashing a ROM may look scary, but by the 10th time you do it the only thing you have to fear is death by boredom. (If you do it wrong, you just do it again. If you follow the guide, it's very difficult to cause enough problems to not be able to flash the ROM again, even if the phone restarts to a blank screen and won't do anything [I've been there many times, and the phone works fine now - in fact, I spent a week trying new ROMS and bricking the phone - it gets really, really boring].)
    03-25-2015 05:22 PM