Can I mirror the screens of two tablets without using a tether?

A

AC Question

I'm working on a research/education project where I'll be taking photo's of vegetation plots that are 1 meter squares. A tablet (Samsung SM-T320) will be mounted on a piece of equipment (sort of like an extended arm), so it can be lifted into place to take the photo. A remote device will act as the shutter. I won't be able to see the screen because it'll be about 7 feet in the air. I was wondering if there was a way I could mirror the screen on the tablet to another tablet (same model) so I can at least see the camera and make sure the entire area that needs to be photographed is in frame. I don't know that something using Wi-Fi would work since the area is kind of remote (in a wetland) and won't have internet access (and the tablets are not on a cellular network).Thanks in advance!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You could use VPN software that supports WiFi Direct in case you don't have a data connection, or you can use this app. Haven't used it, not sure if it works or not between devices. I know that there are apps that let you view the image and trigger the picture from an Android Wear watch, but this one claims to be able to do that AND the scenario you're describing.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.busywww.cameraremote&hl=en&token=rQhKdkfu

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1