I've had to download an app just to move my apps. I've never had to before.?
    03-26-2015 02:20 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Not all phones allow moving apps to SD. For those that don't, you need to root and use an app like App2SD or Link2SD.
    03-26-2015 11:52 PM
    1) You don't move the app to the SD card, you move parts of the app, and leave links in the phone pointing to the parts. (So if the way the app is written, a lot of small parts have to get moved, you don't save any space. You may use even more internal space by moving the app to the card.)

2) A system app can't run from the SD card.

3) A widget can't run from the SD card.

4) A lot of apps that don't have "Move to SD card" blocked still won't run from the card. (Not all developers are equally competent.)

5) If you change cards, you have to move all the apps back to the phone, change cards, then move all the apps back to the new card.

6) You can't move an app to another phone by moving the card to the other phone. The app, as far as Android is concerned, is installed to the phone. The fact that parts of the app are on the card is a trick that's hidden from Android.)

7) Rooting anything but an HTC phone immediately voids the warranty. Even if the glass gets cloudy, or the case crazes, if the phone is rooted, the warranty is void. (HTC understands Linux. If the problem is caused by rooting, it's not covered, otherwise the phone is still under warranty.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-29-2015 10:08 PM