How do I diable Android Manager for a device's secondary Google account?

A

AC Question

Disabling Android Manager for a device's secondary google account

I want to share a contact list across several devices, for that purpose I am adding a secondary google account to every device in a group.

This works fine, however if I log into the secondary's account Android Manager I can see all the group devices and perform the ring, location, lock, wipe tasks on them.

My goal is to be able to delegate the task of updating the common contact list contained in the secondary google account to a person that should not have the chance of using Android Manager functions on these devices.

So far I have tried to remove all but contact syncing to secondary account on device, however Android Manager can still operate on it.

Is it possible to remove the secondary account device administration rights?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Disabling Android Manager for a device's secondary google account

Welcome to Android Central! Try this:

1. Log into the secondary Google account on your computer browser, then go to Google Play Store.
2. Click on the gear button at the upper right, then Settings.
3. Uncheck the Visibility checkbox for all of the devices.

This should hide the devices from Android Device Manager. The problem is that anyone who knows how can also log into the secondary Google account and unhide the device.

There are other options to share a contact list if you are eligible to use Google Apps for Business--not sure if that's possible for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463