The Lollipop 5.0.1 update to my Note 4 left me with the most garish color scheme that can not be changed within the phone. Samsung can only suggest finding new color schemes to download. Does anyone have any idea where to look for such a thing?

An example of how horrible this is would be in the Message app where there is gold text on an orange background. The traditional Navy blue bars are replaced by extreme shades of orange, teal and yellow. Both AT&T and Samsung say a) there needs to be great outcry to force a change and b) it won't come for several months in the, if they decide to address it at all. Where do we find apps that allow new color themes on our phones?
    03-26-2015 12:31 PM
    The Lollipop 5.0.1 update to my Note 4 left me with the most garish color scheme that can not be changed within the phone. Samsung can only suggest finding new color schemes to download. Does anyone have any idea where to look for such a thing?

An example of how horrible this is would be in the Message app where there is gold text on an orange background. The traditional Navy blue bars are replaced by extreme shades of orange, teal and yellow. Both AT&T and Samsung say a) there needs to be great outcry to force a change and b) it won't come for several months in the, if they decide to address it at all. Where do we find apps that allow new color themes on our phones?
    Welcome to Android Central!

There are several messaging apps on the Play Store like Chomp SMS and Textra that offer a wide range of themes.
    04-02-2015 07:13 PM
    You can also use a nice alternative launcher to help remove the flat color scheme. Personally I am not happy with how Samsung altered the Lollipod card stack, on the Nexus (as it was intended) you swipe the cards away, on Samsung's iteration you now need to tap an X at the top right corner of the card, stupid design change from what was perfect.
    04-02-2015 08:55 PM
    So where do we sign up? Lollipop force-downloaded onto my Note 4 last night, and these colors are horrible. Not to mention that so much white is only burning my battery more...
    04-14-2015 10:38 AM
    This is by far the worst thing Samsung had ever done. Please contact Samsung at 18889874357 and drastically complain!!!!! Work their nerves until they hear our dissatisfaction and do something about it!! These forums, while helpful, don't get results overall.. We should not have to wait months for a software update when this many people are unhappy with something that's been forced on us.. They need to create an update similar to the old one, or figure of a method of reversion. Plain and simple.. PLEASE CALL AND COMPLAIN.. As often as you have free time.. Thanx

Posted via the Android Central App
    mr_harley likes this.
    04-28-2015 08:44 PM
    I called them and complained. Got the expected answer. Told them money is not the issue for me, and if they can't fix these awful colors I'll throw my Note 4 away and buy an iPhone. And I will.
    05-13-2015 03:18 PM
    I love lollipop colors. If you want complete control of your device buy one with an unlocked bootloader.
    05-13-2015 06:12 PM
    I hope they give us the option to change it back to the old driod programming or give us some new themes. This crap hurts my eyes! THIS IS NOT WHAT I PAID FOR! Give me better colors or get rid of it. Lollipop sucks!
    05-18-2015 12:10 AM
    Uggg horrible!! It's as if your black car with grey leather is in for an oil change and the dealership returns it to you with orange and teal vinyl. wtf
    06-04-2015 11:57 PM
    It's like a 7 year old girl has been messing with my settings. Sry, no offense to 7yogirls out there.
    06-05-2015 12:01 AM
    I hate lollipop colors, too much white and it's killing my battery life.
    06-11-2015 07:46 PM
    Just found this thread whilst searching on how to get rid of the colours myself on my new Galaxy S5

I have just discovered that we can make the screen grayscale by activating the Developer options.
    No idea if it works on the other Samsung devices or not.
    Settings - About Device - Tap on Build number several times.
    Then go back to Settings and under System click on Developer options
    At the bottom of Hardware-accelerated rendering you will see Stimulate color space

Here you can select Monochromacy
    And your whole screen (and all the screens will appear in greyscale)

Not by any means an ideal solution but I'm leaving mine like that for a while.
    I think it could look quite good with some old movie stills as wallpaper or some family shots from the 50's.

Didn't read all the comments so hope this hasn't already been posted.
    08-12-2015 09:08 PM
    I have a Galaxy S4 and I was able to change back to my original colors. Go to settings and choose My Device. Under My Device, go to accessibility, choose Vision, and scroll until you see Negative Colors; if that box is checked then un check it and it should restore your original colors. I hope this helped.
    09-01-2015 11:58 PM
    I tried the using the negative color on a galaxy s5. It made the color scheme worse.
    09-26-2015 08:39 AM
    Delete me.
    11-11-2015 10:23 AM
    You should look up and see what Negative Colors really are. And then not talk anymore.
    11-11-2015 10:29 AM
    Nedra Robinson
    Thank you, your recommendation worked for me.

Respectfully,

Campanero
    12-06-2015 10:19 AM
    You can swipe them to close it

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-06-2015 11:52 AM