The Download From Hell.
    I'm and New Zealander. I live in Thailand. I bought my Samsung S4 in New Zealand.
    The day started the same as any other. Turned on my phone. Read my emails and then opened my favorite app. - STUFF - an app for NZ News. It told me there was an update available. I pushed 'Yes" for the update and was told 'Error while downloading 'Stuff'. There is insufficient space". I go to Settings/Application Manager and deleted four or five apps I have seldom used. Back to STUFF - but still insufficient space. OK. Back to Settings/Application Manager and I delete 'STUFF', on the assumption that I can reload it. Wrong!
    I go to Google Play Store to download 'STUFF' but am told 'STUFF cannot be installed. Free up some space and try again'. Aaagh.
    I Google 'error insufficient space on device'. A number of answers come up but I chose a YouTube answer by one Bhupinder Singh - a 7:17 minute You Tube demonstration. He seemed to be confident in what he spoke about so I followed: Settings/Application Manager/Google Play Store. Press 'Uninstall Updates/OK and wait for it to uninstall. It does. Up comes the next window in the demo - but not on my phone!!! The demo window has has a link 'Download: Google Play Store 4.1.10' My window does not have that.
    OK. I Google for 'Download Google Play Store 4.1.10'. Up it comes and, I think, downloads. I go to app 'My Files'. All files/Device storage/Download/com,android P18-4.apk/Install. Window says 'Out of Space. Google Play Store couldn't be installed. Free up some space and try again". I go to Manage Apps - and back to the start.
    AAAGH!!!!
    So, now I have the 'Play Store' app symbol on the phone face but cannot download any apps to it because i no longer have space.. I no longer have my favorite app 'STUFF' - because I have no longer space.
    I have no idea what to do now - other than 'Factory Re-set' but I've got too many photos and too much music to do that. I'm stuffed. Someone talks about 'Rooting' - whatever that is. Sounds very technical and my technical ability can be written on the head of a pin.
    I'm sure there is a very simple track to follow to get this ok. I hope someone can help. I feel so bloody useless.
    Cheers

Graeme Jenkinson
    03-26-2015 11:26 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! First, try wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5744

If that doesn't help, use a file manager (like MyFiles or ES File Explorer) to look around the user-accessible directories. Look for any files or folders that might be associated with an app or game that you had installed (or tried to install), then got rid of. Sometimes, apps will leave behind files and folders that can take up some space. If you ever tried to install a game that failed to install, there might be a huge .obb file hiding somewhere that never got deleted.

Also, show us a screenshot of your Settings>Storage menu. http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html
    03-28-2015 02:18 PM