Why am I having problems with the latest HTC One system update?

A

AC Question

Hey. I had recently downloaded the latest HTC One system update. Now the menu looks very much like HTC One M8. However, I am having issues with this update that are really frustrating. The music widget from lock screen has been removed meaning that I can't change; play; stop songs without having to unlock the screen. When I tried to remove the PIN screen lock that I have, I found myself unable to do so because the "no lock screen" button isn't available. I can change the password or its pattern but I can't remove it. Also, I can no longer use my old notes. Now I am presented with an option to either download an Evernote app or not to use the program at all. Overall, after the update the phone got really slow when I try to open apps or web pages whereas previously it used to be a matter of seconds. Any advice on how I can remove the screen lock and have my music widget back?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey. I had recently downloaded the latest HTC One system update. Now the menu looks very much like HTC One M8. However, I am having issues with this update that are really frustrating. The music widget from lock screen has been removed meaning that I can't change; play; stop songs without having to unlock the screen. When I tried to remove the PIN screen lock that I have, I found myself unable to do so because the "no lock screen" button isn't available. I can change the password or its pattern but I can't remove it. Also, I can no longer use my old notes. Now I am presented with an option to either download an Evernote app or not to use the program at all. Overall, after the update the phone got really slow when I try to open apps or web pages whereas previously it used to be a matter of seconds. Any advice on how I can remove the screen lock and have my music widget back?

I personally do a factory reset after a update to my phone. For some reason Android updates don't go as smooth as they use to. You could always go in to the stock recovery and try clearing the cache partition to see if that fixes the issues.

Here is how to get to the recovery for the M8, I would imagine it is the same for your phone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...ow-reboot-into-stock-recovery-htc-one-m8.html