I've had an LG Tone Pro HBS 750 for about a week now, and it's been great. The Call button, on the left side, activated Google Now, even when the phone was locked, so I could do all the google now stuff without even touching the phone. However, this morning, the button started activating something called the Voice Dialer. I have no idea what changed to cause this- I didn't modify any settings, and as far as I can tell no app was updated. I've been googling for the issue, but everything that's come up is for people for whom Google Now was never used in the first place. All of the recommended solutions involve getting some kind of app, which I've tried, and they simply don't work very well- either they don't work when the phone is locked, or they prevent the phone from being locked(!), or they don't work consistently, or some other issue. In any case, it clearly worked without an app, which is what I'd like to have working again.

Here's what I've tried:

- Restarting the phone
    - Restarting the headset
    - Repairing the headset
    - Disable and reenable "bluetooth headset" in Google Now Settings -> Voice
    - Disable and reenable "bluetooth" in Google Now Settings -> Voice -> Hands Free
    - Disabling the "Google Dialer" app. This disables the phone app, but the Voice Dialer still pops up and makes calls just fine
    - Force Stop the Google App, which I believe is where the Voice Dialer lives. No effect.

Here's what I haven't been able to try:

- Disable the "Voice Dialer" app. I don't see this app in the app list.

And one last interesting note: if I go into Google Now Settings -> Voice -> Hands-free and *disable* bluetooth, then lock the device and press the headset button, I get a google now voice prompt explaining how to enable bluetooth with a locked phone.

This is with a Nexus 5 on T-Mobile, running Android 5.1. It was upgraded from 4.4 to 5.0 then to 5.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The Google Now integration was easily my favorite part of this headset.
    03-27-2015 10:28 AM
    I've had an LG Tone Pro HBS 750 for about a week now, and it's been great. The Call button, on the left side, activated Google Now, even when the phone was locked, so I could do all the google now stuff without even touching the phone. However, this morning, the button started activating something called the Voice Dialer. I have no idea what changed to cause this- I didn't modify any settings, and as far as I can tell no app was updated. I've been googling for the issue, but everything that's come up is for people for whom Google Now was never used in the first place. All of the recommended solutions involve getting some kind of app, which I've tried, and they simply don't work very well- either they don't work when the phone is locked, or they prevent the phone from being locked(!), or they don't work consistently, or some other issue. In any case, it clearly worked without an app, which is what I'd like to have working again.

Here's what I've tried:

- Restarting the phone
    - Restarting the headset
    - Repairing the headset
    - Disable and reenable "bluetooth headset" in Google Now Settings -> Voice
    - Disable and reenable "bluetooth" in Google Now Settings -> Voice -> Hands Free
    - Disabling the "Google Dialer" app. This disables the phone app, but the Voice Dialer still pops up and makes calls just fine
    - Force Stop the Google App, which I believe is where the Voice Dialer lives. No effect.

Here's what I haven't been able to try:

- Disable the "Voice Dialer" app. I don't see this app in the app list.

And one last interesting note: if I go into Google Now Settings -> Voice -> Hands-free and *disable* bluetooth, then lock the device and press the headset button, I get a google now voice prompt explaining how to enable bluetooth with a locked phone.

This is with a Nexus 5 on T-Mobile, running Android 5.1. It was upgraded from 4.4 to 5.0 then to 5.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The Google Now integration was easily my favorite part of this headset.
    Have you tried clearing the data on the Google app to reset it completely?
    03-27-2015 10:37 AM
    (OP here)

Have you tried clearing the data on the Google app to reset it completely?
    My options for clearing the Google App data are:

"Erase all Google Search data, including search history and Google Now"

and:

"Erase all Google Now Launcher data, including ou devices Home screen layout"

Neither of these things were striking me as very likely to fix this particular issue, and they both are things I'd rather not reset unless I'm very confident it'll work. Do you think it'll solve the issue?
    03-27-2015 10:55 AM
    (OP here)

My options for clearing the Google App data are:

"Erase all Google Search data, including search history and Google Now"

and:

"Erase all Google Now Launcher data, including ou devices Home screen layout"

Neither of these things were striking me as very likely to fix this particular issue, and they both are things I'd rather not reset unless I'm very confident it'll work. Do you think it'll solve the issue?
    Sorry, go in to your app manager in settings, find the Google app in the App manager and hit Clear Data. Don't go in to the actual app.
    03-27-2015 11:18 AM
    Sorry, go in to your app manager in settings, find the Google app in the App manager and hit Clear Data. Don't go in to the actual app.
    That's where I went. My Google App settings does have a "clear cache" and "clear defaults," both of which I tried, but instead of "Clear Data" it has "Manage Space:"

Why did my bluetooth headset stop using Google Now?-screenshot_2015-03-27-12-22-44.jpg

which takes me to the options I mentioned:

Why did my bluetooth headset stop using Google Now?-screenshot_2015-03-27-12-22-48.jpg
    03-27-2015 11:32 AM
    That's where I went. My Google App settings does have a "clear cache" and "clear defaults," both of which I tried, but instead of "Clear Data" it has "Manage Space:"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-27-12-22-44.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	168358

which takes me to the options I mentioned:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-27-12-22-48.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	168359
    I would do Clear All data, that should reset the app back to first install. Make sure that clears the cache as well.
    03-27-2015 11:37 AM
    I would do Clear All data, that should reset the app back to first install. Make sure that clears the cache as well.
    That worked! At first it didn't, but once I went through the Google Now initial setup it started working again. Sadly I have to recreate all my home screens and other settings, but still, it worked! Thanks a bunch.
    03-27-2015 02:02 PM
    That worked! At first it didn't, but once I went through the Google Now initial setup it started working again. Sadly I have to recreate all my home screens and other settings, but still, it worked! Thanks a bunch.
    No problem at all, sometimes it takes the extreme to fix something.
    03-27-2015 02:08 PM