I have a new dragon M10X tablet with 16 GB memory + 32 GB card inserted. the build and overall quality and use of the tablet is very good actually. But Every time I update an app or try to install a new one now I get the insufficient storage available error. but when I check storage, it says memory is over 15 gigs available internal plus there is nothing on the 32 gig card yet?

I'm not sure what is going on, because I do have maybe 20 or so apps, so it seems like the storage available is inaccurate because I don't believe I have almost the full 16 gig free, but on the other hand, I don't see how I could have it full at all. I've only had this tablet for a day or so, so there are really no pictures no videos nothing that I can think of that would be taking up space except for like I said some apps, but not very many.
    03-27-2015 02:14 PM
    Install this simple little app. It's very small and should fit in the limited storage you have. It will show you how much space you actually have to install more software.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.storagetruth

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    tylerdurden8us likes this.
    03-27-2015 02:27 PM
    I have a new dragon M10X tablet with 16 GB memory + 32 GB card inserted. the build and overall quality and use of the tablet is very good actually. But Every time I update an app or try to install a new one now I get the insufficient storage available error. but when I check storage, it says memory is over 15 gigs available internal plus there is nothing on the 32 gig card yet?

I'm not sure what is going on, because I do have maybe 20 or so apps, so it seems like the storage available is inaccurate because I don't believe I have almost the full 16 gig free, but on the other hand, I don't see how I could have it full at all. I've only had this tablet for a day or so, so there are really no pictures no videos nothing that I can think of that would be taking up space except for like I said some apps, but not very many.
    Are you able to move apps to the SD Card?
    03-27-2015 02:32 PM
    Do you have 15GB free for apps, or 15GB free for the internal SD card and almost nothing left for apps? Some devices are partitioned in the most useless ways. (The external card has nothing to do with it - downloads go to internal storage.)
    tylerdurden8us likes this.
    03-27-2015 02:39 PM
    crap, yep, that was it... Thanks for the link to the tiny app to check actual app storage space available. It is almost completely full, yet with over 15 gig free on the internal. like you said it must be The horribly thought out partitioning. Um, so is there anything I can do?
    (I'm running Android 4.4.2)
    03-27-2015 03:06 PM
    Hi guys, so is there an app I could use or how could I re-partition this tablet?
    03-29-2015 10:16 PM