Why won't my S3 wifi stay on WiFi when going to sleep?

A

AC Question

All, new to the forum and could really use some help. I know there are a ton of threads out there about WiFi connectivity issues with the Galaxy S3, and I've read through dozens of them, tried the solutions, but still have the same problem.

Basically my WiFi disconnects as soon as the phone goes to sleep (about 5 minutes after I haven't touched the phone). It will reconnect automatically when woken up. I have done everything that i've seen advised on many threads, but still seeing the issue. Here is what i can tell you about my device:

1. Smart Network Switch deactivated
2. Keep WiFi on during sleep set to 'Always'
3. Forgot network, reconfigured network.
4. Power save mode turned off (Device, not Wifi)

Some things that aren't working
1. Tried dialing #0011# but it won't work. Get error message that states 'Connection error or invalid MMI code'. I have power save mode set off, but it sounds like there is a power save mode specifically for wifi when dialing this code.

i had performed a factory reset a few weeks ago and just got my device configured back to the way i want, would really like to avoid doing that again.

Does anybody know of any other solutions or point me to a thread where the above has failed for other users? Thank you!!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
All, new to the forum and could really use some help. I know there are a ton of threads out there about WiFi connectivity issues with the Galaxy S3, and I've read through dozens of them, tried the solutions, but still have the same problem.

Basically my WiFi disconnects as soon as the phone goes to sleep (about 5 minutes after I haven't touched the phone). It will reconnect automatically when woken up. I have done everything that i've seen advised on many threads, but still seeing the issue. Here is what i can tell you about my device:

1. Smart Network Switch deactivated
2. Keep WiFi on during sleep set to 'Always'
3. Forgot network, reconfigured network.
4. Power save mode turned off (Device, not Wifi)

Some things that aren't working
1. Tried dialing #0011# but it won't work. Get error message that states 'Connection error or invalid MMI code'. I have power save mode set off, but it sounds like there is a power save mode specifically for wifi when dialing this code.

i had performed a factory reset a few weeks ago and just got my device configured back to the way i want, would really like to avoid doing that again.

Does anybody know of any other solutions or point me to a thread where the above has failed for other users? Thank you!!

Have you tired this 6 Ways How To Fix Connection Problem or Invalid MMI Code to fix the error code? Fixing it could lead you to fix the WiFI problem.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
*#0011# - you forgot the *

But even with wifi power saving on (menu/Wifi, when you get to the *#0011# screen - last line) wifi should still work when the phone is sleeping.

Exactly what is the symptom you're trying to cure?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol