Does this Phone Exist?

A

AC Question

Hi Everyone. I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a phone with these specific features exists on the market as of yet?

-Android OS
-5.2-5.5" screen
-Large battery (over 3100 mAh)
-Dual speakers
-Headphone jack on top or side of phone
-Optical image stabilization

The closest phone I've run across that meets these needs is the Nexus 6, but the 6" screen and the poor battery performance (the former being more of the deal breaker) are what stopped me from purchasing one.

kinnder

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
What do you consider bad battery life? I've been able to get a day out of my Nexus 6 easily.

I never said the Nexus 6's battery was bad, just considered poor, in my opinion. Likely due to pushing the 6" QHD display. As I said, the 6" screen size was the main reason I decided against the Nexus 6.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're looking for a whole day from 100% to 40% (which is the lowest you should let the battery get, especially with a phone without a removable battery), you're not going to find it. That alone means that there's no such phone. (You can get it if you drain the battery almost completely, but you'll be paying for a new one in 6 months.) A phone with a replaceable battery is easy to meet your requirements - I walk around with 6400mAh of battery - one in the phone and one in my pocket. If I needed more time between charges, I'd spend the $10 on another spare. The charger to charge both batteries at once is under $8.

Android phones are tougher on batteries than iPhones (one of their 2 advantages, among all their disadvantages). If battery life and screen size are the most important things to you, and you don't mind a non-field-removable battery (I wouldn't own a phone like that), the 6 Plus has a 5.5" screen. (And it does more with its 2915mAh battery than most Androids do with a 3300mAh battery.)

OIS? If you understand how it actually works (as opposed to the phony commercials you see on TV), you'd invest in a tripod adapter for whatever phone you're using and a $5 tripod. (Or a real camera, if taking pictures is so important to you - a phone, regardless of the gimmicks, is still a snapshot camera.) You can't get non-blurry pictures in low light (slow shutter) of a fast moving object. I don't care what gimmicks they put in the phone, it just doesn't have the processing power to take 10 shots within microseconds, then remove the blur. Even a Nikon or a Hasselblad can be asked to take pictures it can't take.