Hello,

I am currently working on designing some tracker and I need to choose a module.
    i am currently considering GPRS protocol for cost reason. I want to avoid 3G because the cost of the modules are higher and because we send some small amount of data (only some plain text).

I am a bit confused about what is going on in AT&T and T-mobile network. Some people told me they are going to stop using GPRS on their network but on the other side I read on internet that GPRS is still existing.

Does any can update me about the situation ?

Regards
    03-27-2015 11:48 PM
    Hello,

I am currently working on designing some tracker and I need to choose a module.
    i am currently considering GPRS protocol for cost reason. I want to avoid 3G because the cost of the modules are higher and because we send some small amount of data (only some plain text).

I am a bit confused about what is going on in AT&T and T-mobile network. Some people told me they are going to stop using GPRS on their network but on the other side I read on internet that GPRS is still existing.

Does any can update me about the situation ?

Regards
    I know that T-Mobile is in the process of changing all their old EDGE / GPRS towers to LTE. I am not sure if they are going to leave the service on or not. I would imagine it will be eventually phased out in support for LTE.
    03-30-2015 08:52 AM