My phone has Mobile Data enabled, but says I have no internet connection when I try to use it?

A

AC Question

My phone connects to Wifi fine (like when I'm at home), but when I try to use it outside (like at a shop with no Wifi), it says I have no internet connection even though I have Mobile Data enabled on my phone. To check if I have Mobile Data on, I went to
Settings, Data Usage, Mobile Data, and the Standard Data and the Enhanced 4G Lite Services both have a Check near them, which means they're active. My S5 recently said there was an Update available for my phone, and ever since I accepted the update, my Mobile Data hasnt been working. How do I fix this?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My phone connects to Wifi fine (like when I'm at home), but when I try to use it outside (like at a shop with no Wifi), it says I have no internet connection even though I have Mobile Data enabled on my phone. To check if I have Mobile Data on, I went to
Settings, Data Usage, Mobile Data, and the Standard Data and the Enhanced 4G Lite Services both have a Check near them, which means they're active. My S5 recently said there was an Update available for my phone, and ever since I accepted the update, my Mobile Data hasnt been working. How do I fix this?

Try going in to Settings, More Networks, Mobile Network, and check and see what the Network Mode is set to.

Reaper12x

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Heyy .. Me too .. My bars are great .. Like their full .. But I had gotten a T-Mobile update and I accepted it .. And now its starting to affect my phone . such as Pandora .. Games .. And even my downloaded music's .. I never had that issue before ... Until I accepted the update for the phone .. And I'm in service which is weird

Troytegirl

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I solved this problem by connecting via my wifi, and clicking settings, more, internet settings, accept (to download internet settings). I then disabled the wifi, and the data worked. Hope this works for you, and anyone else with the same trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance