Hi! Having a problem on Yahoo mail through the stock email app on my Android device (i.e. IMAP). Recent mails do not appear, old mails appear as new, then disappear after a while, after which older mails appear as newer. If I leave my phone alone for a while, the "syncing" eventually leaves my email showing mails that are several months old as being just in. The problem also appears on my other Android device, set up identically. Note: The mails are not deleted from the server, online access as per normal is no problem. It seems to be an issue with the android stock app / Yahoo IMAP giving bad responses.

Thanks for any advice!
    03-28-2015 07:27 PM
    "Stock email app" being named Email? Gmail? What? Every manufacturer has its own "Standard email app". Gmail did that so often (bringing back deleted emails) that I stopped using it. K9 email works nicely.
    03-28-2015 07:33 PM
    I'm having same issue as of this past weekend. This occurs in the Gmail app (where I've successfully had Gmail, Y! Mail, and Hotmail setup for many months).

I've also just tried setting it up in the stock "Email" app, where things appear to be working fine.

Manually checking the setup shows that Email is using "samsung.imap.mail.yahoo.com" while Gmail is using "android.imap.mail.yahoo.com".

AND as of now 2015-03-30T09:30 EST everything seems to be peachy again. Maybe yahoo had a multi-day hiccup.
    03-30-2015 08:25 AM