Galaxy s5: Micro Sd card and music transfer - Please help, so stressed!!

A

AC Question

I just bought a galaxy s5 and I am having trouble getting google music to play the files. It gives me the error "couldnt play the track you requested". I transffered the music files from my pc to the SD card - it works fine on my computer.

Could it be a problem with the SD card or the Galaxy s5?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a galaxy s5 and I am having trouble getting google music to play the files. It gives me the error "couldnt play the track you requested". I transffered the music files from my pc to the SD card - it works fine on my computer.

Could it be a problem with the SD card or the Galaxy s5?

Have you tried rebooting your phone after the transfer?

Crysis3

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Tried doing it just now - the muisic folder is not present anymore - it simply disappeared......I am starting to think that buying this phone was a big mistake adsjkhaskdlyhaskdlhgasd

Any assistance? I have tampered with it for 2 days now :|.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Tried doing it just now - the muisic folder is not present anymore - it simply disappeared......I am starting to think that buying this phone was a big mistake adsjkhaskdlyhaskdlhgasd

Any assistance? I have tampered with it for 2 days now :|.

Try formatting the card with the phone, you will lose all the music you put on there but it will give you a fresh format. Put a few songs on it that you know do not work and see if that works.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Tried that - I moved 150 at a times, after a certain point it would give me that annoying error in google play music :| ASDLIHASDHASD

Dumb question but they are all MP3's right and they are the actual files not shortcuts right? You are copying them over with right click and not just dragging them over.

Crysis3

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Is dragging any differen?T It still copies - I noticed after copying a certain amount of files that it does not read the music files and gives me an error- could it be a faulty sd carD?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Is dragging any differen?T It still copies - I noticed after copying a certain amount of files that it does not read the music files and gives me an error- could it be a faulty sd carD?

Could be possible, do you have another card you could use. Also try moving the files from the PC straight to the devices internal storage instead of putting them on the phone.

All else fails you can just install Google Music manager, upload all your music to Google's servers, and then stream them via the music app. You can also pull them down from the servers for offline listening. That is where all my music is.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1229970?hl=en

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz