I have a Galaxy S4 from Cricket and I want to use it with Tmobile, I asked for the code and they told me that I have a CDMA phone and it needs to be "flash" does anyone know how I can "flash" it???
    03-29-2015 12:51 PM
    I have a Galaxy S4 from Cricket and I want to use it with Tmobile, I asked for the code and they told me that I have a CDMA phone and it needs to be "flash" does anyone know how I can "flash" it???
    There is not way to "flash" it to T-Mobile and according to this thread they won't unlock it for you either.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...carrier-2.html

Samsung Galaxy S4 Cricket SCH-R970C to Tmob… | Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 | XDA Forums
    03-29-2015 02:29 PM
    If the phone is paid for, and they refuse to give you the unlock code, file a complaint with the FCC (the link is referenced in the post Andre linked to. The law requires that they give you the unlock code, and the FCC doesn't accept nonsense like "it's not possible for us to obtain the unlock code". If they try that, they'll be issued a federal government order to supply you with an unlocked phone at their expense (it's been done). It's surprising how fast they "find" the unlock code when that happens - in minutes.

The FCC is a funny beast. Their normal response to a founded complaint of non-complance with the law is a show-cause order - show cause why a $10,000 per violation per day fine shouldn't be imposed. "We already supplied the complainant with the unlock code" is about the only acceptable cause - otherwise the meter starts running. (The FCC doesn't seen to know any number other than $10,000 - that's the fine for just about anything they get involved in.) If the carrier doesn't pay, they find that their license is suspended, which means that all their customers are without service - and that's a sure way of going out of business fast. Since the FCC has been doing things like that for about 80 years (since the Communications Act of 1934, which created the FCC), and the courts have never found against them, the carriers, even the largest ones, tend to comply with show cause orders immediately. Cricket isn't large enough to say "huh?" to a show cause order. And all it takes is filling out a one page online form.
    03-29-2015 02:54 PM
    If the phone is paid for, and they refuse to give you the unlock code, file a complaint with the FCC (the link is referenced in the post Andre linked to. The law requires that they give you the unlock code, and the FCC doesn't accept nonsense like "it's not possible for us to obtain the unlock code". If they try that, they'll be issued a federal government order to supply you with an unlocked phone at their expense (it's been done). It's surprising how fast they "find" the unlock code when that happens - in minutes.

The FCC is a funny beast. Their normal response to a founded complaint of non-complance with the law is a show-cause order - show cause why a $10,000 per violation per day fine shouldn't be imposed. "We already supplied the complainant with the unlock code" is about the only acceptable cause - otherwise the meter starts running. (The FCC doesn't seen to know any number other than $10,000 - that's the fine for just about anything they get involved in.) If the carrier doesn't pay, they find that their license is suspended, which means that all their customers are without service - and that's a sure way of going out of business fast. Since the FCC has been doing things like that for about 80 years (since the Communications Act of 1934, which created the FCC), and the courts have never found against them, the carriers, even the largest ones, tend to comply with show cause orders immediately. Cricket isn't large enough to say "huh?" to a show cause order. And all it takes is filling out a one page online form.
    What he said!
    03-29-2015 03:09 PM
    Andre, what you said also. There's no way to "flash it to TMobile" because it comes stock able to use TMobile's towers if it's unlocked. You can't wet water.
    itguyjax8430 likes this.
    03-29-2015 06:03 PM
    Andre, what you said also. There's no way to "flash it to TMobile" because it comes stock able to use TMobile's towers if it's unlocked. You can't wet water.
    Can't wet water..... May I borrow that for future conversations? lol
    03-29-2015 06:09 PM