How do I close the apps. on my Trio pro8 tablet?

A

AC Question

There are no xs to close out.. Just bought this and no manual to help me

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You don't need to close apps, that's why there's no x's to close them. Android handles that for you automatically. DO NOT use any task killer. They actually waste power and may disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance. Android is excellent at handling processes and memory with no help from 3rd-party apps or user assistance. Just let Android do it's job, relax and enjoy your phone.

See:
http://lifehacker.com/5650894/andro...ed-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them
...for a full explanation.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
You don't need to close apps, that's why there's no x's to close them. Android handles that for you automatically. DO NOT use any task killer. They actually waste power and may disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance. Android is excellent at handling processes and memory with no help from 3rd-party apps or user assistance. Just let Android do it's job, relax and enjoy your phone.

See:
Android Task Killers Explained: What They Do and Why You Shouldn't Use Them
...for a full explanation.

I hate to disagree with you but that article is from 2010 and Android has changed A TON since then. Most manufactures like Samsung and LG build in their own Task Managers for killing applications in to their devices. Unless you are running a pure Android phone like the Neuxs 6 that does not have a lot of pre installed applications you defiantly need some way to hibernate or kill applications that are running. Even the Nexus 6 has a task manager esq type of system with its recent apps window with swipe to close. ES Task Manager only kills applications not system applications that are running. Apps like Greenify auto hibernate applications that are contentiously trying to run in the background.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
No problem...You're right...I gotta quit using that old link.

But I still say not to kill apps. Either uninstall, disable or hibernate them, but killing apps is not the same. Killing an app does not keep it from trying to open again, wasting CPU cycles and power.

Task managers like the one built-in to vanilla Android are really only intended for closing misbehaving rogue apps.

Anyway, the OP was only asking about why there's no little Windows-style x's to close out apps and I was trying to answer that.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
No problem...You're right...I gotta quit using that old link.

But I still say not to kill apps. Either uninstall, disable or hibernate them, but killing apps is not the same. Killing an app does not keep it from trying to open again, wasting CPU cycles and power.

Task managers like the one built-in to vanilla Android are really only intended for closing misbehaving rogue apps.

Anyway, the OP was only asking about why there's no little Windows-style x's to close out apps and I was trying to answer that.

I gotcha, there are just too many options. I use Greenify on my Note 4 and it does the job of hibernating everything. It has definlty made my battery last even longer even though it already lasted pretty long. I use to use ES Task Manager before Greenify and it is just what I know worked decently for me in the past. I think when the manufacturers get a hold of the OS they start changing too much in the framework that probably negates half the stuff Google puts in there to help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad