unknown widget

A

AC Question

I have a widget that is called Health wallet when I place it on my home screen all of wants to know is my password for my health wallet. I can't find what app this is linked to so I don't know how to get rid of it. I think it may be some sort of malwaer.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member. :)

If that is a widget (the box asking for your code), try long-pressing it and sliding it to the Remove option that will appear. It will then be returned to the widget locker.
It doesn't look like malware to me. It may be best just to set it up, which you presumably haven't done. The app should be called HealthWallet and should be listed in your app manager, in Settings, Apps, All. The icon for the app should also be among those in your app tray.
I'll ask for a second opinion on the malware thing.

Posted via the Android Central App

larry greg

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I forgot to say there is no app called health wallet in my apps that is my problem. I can remove from my home screen I just placed it so I could take a screen shot. I have been using android phones for years and this is the first time I have had a widget with know app.

PathMobile

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I, too, have been using Android phones for years and have just noticed this Widget in my list of choices. Anyone have any helpful ideas as to what it could belong to? I found the Health Wallet app result in Google when searching for it, but as I don't have it installed I doubt they're related.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Try this. Go to the app drawer and press & hold on the widget. There should appear an app info icon on top of the screen. Drag the widget over there and the app info should open. You can disable or uninstall it from there.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
OP, I'm sorry, I hadn't realised you were an experienced user. I couldn't get any second opinion as mentioned above.
It may also be worth looking in Settings, Security, Device Administrators, to see whether there's a mention of the app in there, that you could disable.
Also PathMobile.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae