I have a samsung galaxy s5. I have noticed that it frequently overheats regardless of if I am or am not using it. I have tried switching to several different cases but I am still having overheating issues. I was using a very thick otterbox case originally and realized that the case was so thick, that I couldn't fee the case overheating until it was VERY hot. I tried a smaller, slimmer TPU case and I'm still not getting the results I want. I am trying to find a case that has holes in the back to help the back of the phone vent because that is where the majority of the heat is stemming from. I used a cooler master app, have done cache cleaning, I make sure to close all unused apps, I clean my task manager, etc. I am trying all that I can but the phone still frequently over heats. So now I'm just trying to find a vented case that will help the phone vent out heat but give it some protection as well. I've been looking at the 3D printed cases, but they are all these cut out printed designs just affixed to clear bumper cases. I want a case with holes that shows the back of the case so the phone can vent off heat instead of keeping it trapped. I've done about a whole hour search on google, amazon, and etsy and still cannot find what I am looking for. Any help is appreciated. again, I'm trying to find a "holey" so that my phone can vent off its excess, frequent heat.
    03-29-2015 02:45 PM
    I have a samsung galaxy s5. I have noticed that it frequently overheats regardless of if I am or am not using it. I have tried switching to several different cases but I am still having overheating issues. I was using a very thick otterbox case originally and realized that the case was so thick, that I couldn't fee the case overheating until it was VERY hot. I tried a smaller, slimmer TPU case and I'm still not getting the results I want. I am trying to find a case that has holes in the back to help the back of the phone vent because that is where the majority of the heat is stemming from. I used a cooler master app, have done cache cleaning, I make sure to close all unused apps, I clean my task manager, etc. I am trying all that I can but the phone still frequently over heats. So now I'm just trying to find a vented case that will help the phone vent out heat but give it some protection as well. I've been looking at the 3D printed cases, but they are all these cut out printed designs just affixed to clear bumper cases. I want a case with holes that shows the back of the case so the phone can vent off heat instead of keeping it trapped. I've done about a whole hour search on google, amazon, and etsy and still cannot find what I am looking for. Any help is appreciated. again, I'm trying to find a "holey" so that my phone can vent off its excess, frequent heat.
    Is your phone rooted? Try giving a app called Greenify a shot. It works for non rooted phones but has more benifits if you are rooted like auto hibernation. I use it on my Note 4 but I am rooted, it keeps all my apps in check for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...greenify&hl=en
    03-29-2015 03:18 PM
    Well, I tried to download the Greenify app. It wasn't very helpful and my phone is still overheating with the slightest use. I was reading an article that popped up on my facebook feed today and after I finished reading the article, I had to take the case off my phone because I could feel how hot it was getting-- from just reading a damn article! I ran the cool master app and apparently the phone was at 105 degrees. I am letting it sit for now with the case off to cool down. This is terrible. It is constantly overheating even with the slightest use. I can understand if I was playing a game on there was was using a lot of the processor and graphics... but to read a damn article??

I don't root my phones. I never have and never will. I don't care about what other people feel about that. I just don't believe in doing that to my phone. If the phone manufacturer can't make a decent damned working phone--- then they shouldn't be in business. It should run as is has been designed to and shouldn't require rooting or any other BS to keep it running smoothly. It should just run well on it's own until it's battery dies out.

I don't was to have to pay for a replacement phone. I just bought this phone brand new in January.

I treat phones like any other devices. they should operate as intended without having to be altered or modified. I don't think my phone constantly overheating is normal, but I also feel it would be stupid to delete all of my apps and games off of it and keep it in airplane mode 24/7 just to keep it from overheating. I've tried experimenting with turning location, sync off and on. I make sure to close apps when not in use. I try to take the case off the phone to let it vent. I also try to stop using the phone when it is overheating, to help it cool down. But I think it is ridiculous that it is overheating several times on a daily basis. I think eventually it is going to kill it.

I always get stuck with lemon phones...
    03-29-2015 11:48 PM
    1) Get the overheating problem problem fixed. There's something wrong with the phone.

2) For my money, the Otterbox Defender is the best non-waterproof case there is. (I've recently had a few accidents with my phone that would have cost me at least 2 phones without the Defender. I had to brush a few leaves off the case when I dropped it - face down - on the concrete driveway, and that was the worst of it. (The few cat hairs it picked up when it got thrown against a wall and fell to the floor didn't bother me - or the phone, the case or the wall.) To paraphrase a TV commercial - no Defender case, no phone purchase for me. (And no., my phone isn't overheating - I had the SIM and SD cards in and out of it yesterday, so I would have felt any heat. If anything, with the cold weather we've been having, the phone felt a bit cold.)
    03-30-2015 12:08 AM
    Well, I tried to download the Greenify app. It wasn't very helpful and my phone is still overheating with the slightest use. I was reading an article that popped up on my facebook feed today and after I finished reading the article, I had to take the case off my phone because I could feel how hot it was getting-- from just reading a damn article! I ran the cool master app and apparently the phone was at 105 degrees. I am letting it sit for now with the case off to cool down. This is terrible. It is constantly overheating even with the slightest use. I can understand if I was playing a game on there was was using a lot of the processor and graphics... but to read a damn article??

I don't root my phones. I never have and never will. I don't care about what other people feel about that. I just don't believe in doing that to my phone. If the phone manufacturer can't make a decent damned working phone--- then they shouldn't be in business. It should run as is has been designed to and shouldn't require rooting or any other BS to keep it running smoothly. It should just run well on it's own until it's battery dies out.

I don't was to have to pay for a replacement phone. I just bought this phone brand new in January.

I treat phones like any other devices. they should operate as intended without having to be altered or modified. I don't think my phone constantly overheating is normal, but I also feel it would be stupid to delete all of my apps and games off of it and keep it in airplane mode 24/7 just to keep it from overheating. I've tried experimenting with turning location, sync off and on. I make sure to close apps when not in use. I try to take the case off the phone to let it vent. I also try to stop using the phone when it is overheating, to help it cool down. But I think it is ridiculous that it is overheating several times on a daily basis. I think eventually it is going to kill it.

I always get stuck with lemon phones...
    Sounds to me like the phone may be defective. If you just bought it not too long ago than you should be able to get it replaced under warranty. You can probably contact Samsung and see if they can do a warranty swap of the phone. I am not sure how the process works with them but I would hope they would send you another one before having to send that one back. Maybe even the carrier will swap you out.
    03-30-2015 06:50 AM
    Smartphone are designed to dissipate heat through the device chassis, some higher end models will dissipate heat faster then others, it depends on too many external & internal factors and design.

have a look at Optimal case, we are currently running our campaign on Indiegogo. the case is an Active protection and will cool/heat your device depending on the situation you are. i can't post links but quick Google for "Optimal Indiegogo" will show you our vision of the case and it's functions.
    if you have any questions, I'd be happy to reply.
    04-28-2015 04:42 AM
    This was helpful to me, thanks!
    04-06-2016 10:20 PM
    I went to electrician in india and made small tiny holes at the back of plastic case near camera area...then put the case...now my asus ZenFone 2 heats less..coz heat get away from those tiny holes at back...
    11-03-2016 12:29 PM
    actually the snapdragon 801 and 615 have overheating issues
    12-09-2016 07:26 AM