I have had the phone for almost a year without any issues. The last two days the battery has been draining very quickly. When I check battery usage nothing unusual comes up. Is it possible that my phone is searching for my home wi-fi connection and that is draining battery? If so, any way to fix that?
    03-29-2015 04:34 PM
    To test the latter, try turning WiFi off and see whether it makes a difference.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-29-2015 04:46 PM
    I have had the phone for almost a year without any issues. The last two days the battery has been draining very quickly. When I check battery usage nothing unusual comes up. Is it possible that my phone is searching for my home wi-fi connection and that is draining battery? If so, any way to fix that?
    Did you recently update it to Lollipop?
    03-29-2015 04:47 PM
    WiFi on continuously is notorious for battery drain. Go to setting and make sure it is off,but if it is already off,well then something else is running non stop. Try turning phone off completely then back on. This is a reboot.

Now if WiFi is on,then open WiFi settings to make any adjustments to stop the continuous searching. Then turn it off. Also,there is something to do with connections optimization On Samsung phones that can cause this. I read about people turning that off. What it does is switches between WiFi and cell services,but I don't know where in settins it is. If you cannot find it,then Google the issue,as many people have had this problem.
    belodion likes this.
    03-29-2015 04:53 PM
    ^^^Yes, it's called Smart Network Switch or something.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-29-2015 05:47 PM