I've been with Sprint since 2004, and am abandoning them for Verizon for multiple reasons. And when I do, I'll be stomping my Galaxy S4 into little tiny pieces of glass.

Though I love what the phone can do, I got a lemon. It overheats constantly. It eats battery like nobody's business. Its bluetooth features regularly malfunction, and in some cases don't work at all. For instance, voice commands don't work in the car, and after returning from a drive, the phone turns it self on, makes noises in my pocket, then will not work properly for phone calls afterward, unless I restart or pull the battery.

Sooooo. . .when I get to Verizon--which apparently doesn't have a full-size HTC One with Android (darn it), should I trust Samsung again? Are the Galaxy S phones any better than the S4? Thanks.
    03-29-2015 07:35 PM
    The only later S phone are the S5 and S6 (which I wouldn't take for free, except to sell it - no removable battery and no SD card). And the S4 isn't known for overheating or bad battery life.

Run Wakelock Detector to see why the battery is being eaten. (See Wakelock detector with non-rooted phone if the phone isn't rooted.) I personally don't like CDMA, I can't use Sprint (it has one coverage hole in town - my daughter's house) and I won't use a carrier that thinks that "tech support" begins and ends with "huh?", so the Big V is out.

But I have a Samsung Note 3 (so does my wife) and about the only complaint I have - and it's AT&T's fault, not Samsung's - is that the bootloader is locked. Great battery life, great reception, runs apps nicely - free would have been nicer, but realistically, if I had to buy another phone today it would be a Note 3. (Can't root the note 4, even though I love some of its features, and the Note 4 Evolution port to the Note 3 isn't really done yet.)

And since they've started doing customer service in Best Buy stores, I have no complaint with their customer service either (I used to).

Removable battery, SD card, Otterbox Defender case (a must for any phone of mine) and an unlocked bootloader on AT&T - 3 out of 4 isn't bad and with SafeStrap I can live with the locked bootloader. Otherwise I'd be looking at an M9.
    03-29-2015 09:30 PM
    I have an galaxy s5 that I have had since January. It overheats several times on a daily basis for me at this point and is only about 3 months old. I haven't found a solution for it yet, except not using it while it is overheating... So I basically have a fancy phone that I have to baby too much or else it gets sluggish and overheats like crazy... I would have expected this from my previous 2 to 3 year old worn out phones, but a brand new s5?? it is not fun...
    03-29-2015 11:53 PM
    So the phone is, at most, 3 months old. It's under warranty. Back it up (Backing up an Android Phone) and ask your carrier to either fix or replace it.
    03-30-2015 12:54 AM