How can I get my LG GT 540 out of a bootloop?

Spanish898

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Stuck in a bootloop - LG GT-540

I had a massive problem with my phone (LG Gt540) as it suddenly as it stopped detecting the SD-card or SD-ext.
I was advised by someone on the XDA forum that to fix this I needed to ''use kdz to flash a stock rom to restore the system''.

And so I downloaded the KDZ tool, downloaded the earliest rom in kdz format that I could find online (version 2.1), and followed the process to install this using KDZ through my laptop.
However all this did was totally ruin my phone!! :'(

As it wouldn't even start up, just showed a black screen saying Linux panic and arms 11 error.
I managed to find a rom called CM recovery rom, and when flashing one through KDZ tool it atleast doesn't show that error screen anymore,
however when trying to turn the phone on it just stops at the android boot logo and gets permanently stuck there. :(

My goal is to get back to the rom i was on before the phone broke (CM 4.2.1),
AND,
to have the SD-card and SD-ext both being detected and working correctly.

However currently the phone wont even turn on as it just gets stuck at the LG logo when booting!! :'(

Please can someone help me by telling me (step by step in newbie language) exactly how to fix this please please, as im literally crying!!

Thankyou
Jessica

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to get phone to bootup? Used KDZ to flash rom, but stuck at boot logo!!

Did you install the right ROM? If not, then you could have an issue related to installing the correct ROM version. Also, have you tried performing a factory reset/clear cache through recovery?

randyl jesus

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Stuck in a bootloop - LG GT-540

I had a massive problem with my phone (LG Gt540) as it suddenly as it stopped detecting the SD-card or SD-ext.
I was advised by someone on the XDA forum that to fix this I needed to ''use kdz to flash a stock rom to restore the system''.

And so I downloaded the KDZ tool, downloaded the earliest rom in kdz format that I could find online (version 2.1), and followed the process to install this using KDZ through my laptop.
However all this did was totally ruin my phone!! :'(

As it wouldn't even start up, just showed a black screen saying Linux panic and arms 11 error.
I managed to find a rom called CM recovery rom, and when flashing one through KDZ tool it atleast doesn't show that error screen anymore,
however when trying to turn the phone on it just stops at the android boot logo and gets permanently stuck there. :(

My goal is to get back to the rom i was on before the phone broke (CM 4.2.1),
AND,
to have the SD-card and SD-ext both being detected and working correctly.

However currently the phone wont even turn on as it just gets stuck at the LG logo when booting!! :'(

Please can someone help me by telling me (step by step in newbie language) exactly how to fix this please please, as im literally crying!!

Thankyou
Jessica