Why aren't my pictures on my Internal Memory showing in the Gallery, only in my files?

A

AC Question

Pictures on Internal Memory not Showing in Gallery - Only in My Files

So My pictures that I have saved and moved into different folders etc in my gallery have all vanished. They are still on my phone in the My Files > Device Storage section (in their folders) but don't show up in the Gallery. Funny thing is, all the pictures saved to my SD Card show in the gallery. If I move pictures manually from Device Storage in My Files to the SD Card Storage in my files, they will show up in the gallery. I have tried everything - Media Scanner force stop, disable/enable, Clear Data and even a Factory Reset (After Back Up). And still, none of the pictures will show in gallery unless they are saved to the SD Card. So if I downloaded a pic from FB it won't show in Gallery (like it used to) but i Can find it in My Files > Device Storage > DCIM > Facebook. Oh and this across all media (music, videos, etc) But pictures are more fun. Please help anyone!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Jasmine, Gallery shows any pictures that Media Scan picks up on the phone - you don't "move" photos to Gallery, because Gallery has no "place" for photos. Just restart the phone or run an app like media.Re.Scan to rerun the scan.

Jan Van de Velde

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Solution:
Check if you have a hidden file named .nomedia (double check also for uppercase name) on device memory (storage folder) and delete.

Go to Settings > Apps -> ALL -< Media Storage. Select Clear data + Clear defaults. Disable the App.

Reboot the device. Now enable again Settings > Apps -> ALL -< Media Storage. Wait a couple of minutes (so it should reindex files). I think all files should be now again in Gallery. Note: Do not try to run any rescan App, just follow the above steps.

It worked. i got my views back in gallery

I had this problem and followed the solution proposed. It worked ... sort of. All new picture are showing up in device folders. Sadly no old pictures, not even camera pictures are showing up. So there is no reindexing taking place. Any ideas?

Chanda maity

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Pictures on Internal Memory not Showing in Gallery - Only in My Files

Hi, welcome to the Android Central forum, you haven's mentioned which device you are using, please do so. There is a setting to customize which images should show in your gallery, some devices are easily customizable but others might need you to install an app. Its usually best to have images saved in the SD card to ensure enough space is available on your internal memory. Your phone might be storing images in the SD card because you have limited space or you somehow changed the default gallery path. Let us know the device you are using, then we'll see how we can get you out of this one.
I have similar problem with my device and I use moto g3. Its also happening with the songs I download. Please help

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
This is a very common issue which everyone (including me) at one point in their ownership of any android device. The issue is and it would appear that upon updating to the new Android operating system.. the system sort looses images and date in the shuffle. I'm not sure if in fact the images or date has been removed or simply misplaced.

What I've found when assigning images to my device is that one will have to explore each and ever folder when searching for this lost data etc. I've also found that even though the internal and external storage says it has a Picture or music folder.. the data may have been transfered to the DCIM folder which also contains a music or photo folder and don't ask me why the Android does this..

But be prepared to explore all of your devices folder when the device has been correctly connected to your computer via the USB power cable. Using my tutorial located here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...tricks-how-access-your-data-images-music.html

I would hope something is learn once one follows my how to as I was able to locate and create folders within my device. So unless the data/images have actually been removed/deleted from your device.. it might just have been moved to a different folder or location within your device instead.

Lilylilly

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Hello all
Kindly help... I was transferring my pictures to my ad card via laptop (I'm using Huawei Honor 8)
By not copying them, but by cut and pasting them on ad card folder... and suddenly it stopped and now I can't see any pictures in my mobile phone's gallery...
Which I believe they r still in internal storage, I tried an app called Disk digger.. I found the pics. But they r blurry!
Any way to retrieve my pics????

Soogi Mohrle

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Solution:
Check if you have a hidden file named .nomedia (double check also for uppercase name) on device memory (storage folder) and delete.

Go to Settings > Apps -> ALL -< Media Storage. Select Clear data + Clear defaults. Disable the App.

Reboot the device. Now enable again Settings > Apps -> ALL -< Media Storage. Wait a couple of minutes (so it should reindex files). I think all files should be now again in Gallery. Note: Do not try to run any rescan App, just follow the above steps.

It worked. i got my views back in gallery

My Dear,

THANK you SOOOO MUCH!
you saved me from resetting my phone after I had spent all day to set it up.

Daryl Francis1

Apr 9, 2019
Visit site
yer well just moved to android if i cant get my photos off my phone and have no control over my files whats the point I will be moving back to iPhone when my next next plan comes around itunes is hard to use but at least it works.

MartyBonJoey

Jul 1, 2019
Visit site
This work for me as well. This solution dates back to 2015 and it is now 2019 and I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. At this point Android does not have a clearing of data and cache (settings/apps/mediastorage) so you simply disable the mediastorage then reboot and re-enable it and voila, fixed. Thank you very much for all your research. You are helping us Android users almost five years later.

Inalegwu Emmanuel

Jan 7, 2022
Visit site
Ok i managed to fix this problem on my galaxy s5 running stock EE lollipop. All of my internal memory items stopped showing in gallery and the only way i could get them to show was to move the items to sd card but after a bit of reading and thinking i fixed it by going to>my files>phone memory then pressing the 3 dots on top right>settings>show hidden files>tthen go back to phone memory and delete the file called ".nomedia". Then i opened gallery and everything was showing up again. Hope this helps as i just signed up to pass on this info. Thanks for reading and good luck

Wow it actually works
I was worried but now am fine
Thanks alot

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac