Why aren't my pictures on my Internal Memory showing in the Gallery, only in my files?

A

AC Question

Pictures on Internal Memory not Showing in Gallery - Only in My Files

So My pictures that I have saved and moved into different folders etc in my gallery have all vanished. They are still on my phone in the My Files > Device Storage section (in their folders) but don't show up in the Gallery. Funny thing is, all the pictures saved to my SD Card show in the gallery. If I move pictures manually from Device Storage in My Files to the SD Card Storage in my files, they will show up in the gallery. I have tried everything - Media Scanner force stop, disable/enable, Clear Data and even a Factory Reset (After Back Up). And still, none of the pictures will show in gallery unless they are saved to the SD Card. So if I downloaded a pic from FB it won't show in Gallery (like it used to) but i Can find it in My Files > Device Storage > DCIM > Facebook. Oh and this across all media (music, videos, etc) But pictures are more fun. Please help anyone!

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pictures on Internal Memory not Showing in Gallery - Only in My Files

So My pictures that I have saved and moved into different folders etc in my gallery have all vanished. They are still on my phone in the My Files > Device Storage section (in their folders) but don't show up in the Gallery. Funny thing is, all the pictures saved to my SD Card show in the gallery. If I move pictures manually from Device Storage in My Files to the SD Card Storage in my files, they will show !
Hi, welcome to the Android Central forum, you haven's mentioned which device you are using, please do so. There is a setting to customize which images should show in your gallery, some devices are easily customizable but others might need you to install an app. Its usually best to have images saved in the SD card to ensure enough space is available on your internal memory. Your phone might be storing images in the SD card because you have limited space or you somehow changed the default gallery path. Let us know the device you are using, then we'll see how we can get you out of this one.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pictures on Internal Memory not Showing in Gallery - Only in My Files

On a Samsung (as you have My Files) you can set Content to Display via the Menu button, and change from Album view in the drop down list.

4ae3870d084682e943b1c77b30387d83.jpg
fff2c71d4d7708f8c68e7baf2722b40b.jpg

bigguychris

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, it was my question and I realised as I posted it that I forgot to mention the device. It's a Samsung Galaxy S5.

The settings for Content to display is set to All (Including My Device). There is more than enough space on my device and SD Card. 4Gbs on Device and 4Gbs on SD. I keep reading on the net that the Media Scanner sometimes doesnt pick up the media. But this is mainly for people who have trouble accessing their SD Card. I can't find anything on my issue. I did a Factory Reset and all that did was remind me how much time and effort i put into organising my Folders haha. Thanks for your help everyone, I really appreciate it.

Hady Jaafar

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Go to My files > Device Storage (make sure u have the show hidden files box checked) and delete the .face file NOT THE FOLDER. The one with the white paper thumbnail. go to gallery and everything should be good

bigguychris

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Deleted .face and still nothing. Turned phone on and off. Cleared Media Storage Data. Tried saving a picture from FB. Nothing happened, still shows no pictures in my Gallery. But they're still on My Files.

Mrunali Dighe

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
So My pictures that I have saved and moved into different folders etc in my gallery have all vanished. They are still on my phone in the My Files > Device Storage section (in their folders) but don't show up in the Gallery. Funny thing is, all the pictures saved to my SD Card show in the gallery. If I move pictures manually from Device Storage in My Files to the SD Card Storage in my files, they will show up in the gallery. I have tried everything - Media Scanner force stop, disable/enable, Clear Data and even a Factory Reset (After Back Up). And still, none of the pictures will show in gallery unless they are saved to the SD Card. So if I downloaded a pic from FB it won't show in Gallery (like it used to) but i Can find it in My Files > Device Storage > DCIM > Facebook. Oh and this across all media (music, videos, etc) But pictures are more fun. Please help anyone!

This same problem is with me

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaunna Mennegar

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue...all of my pictures that I've saved from Facebook aren't showing up in my gallery. But I saved one today and I can see that one. This sucks because I have over 300 pictures saved. They're mostly memes, but still...

BigBoi2U

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I didnt start having this problem until i loaded an app called "CLEAN SWEEP, and " Whats APP".. does any one of these apps change some properties that are hard to find that now makes any of my pictures i download from my messaging app, or camera go straight to "MY FILES" instead of showing in MY GALLERY like they used to do. I have deleted the old download folder to see if it wold start a new one , and it did, but still is not showing up in my gallery, just my files. the only pics showing up in my gallery are the ones on my sd card. can some one please help us out here.. galaxy s5 owner

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I didnt start having this problem until i loaded an app called "CLEAN SWEEP, and " Whats APP".. does any one of these apps change some properties that are hard to find that now makes any of my pictures i download from my messaging app, or camera go straight to "MY FILES" instead of showing in MY GALLERY like they used to do. I have deleted the old download folder to see if it wold start a new one , and it did, but still is not showing up in my gallery, just my files. the only pics showing up in my gallery are the ones on my sd card. can some one please help us out here.. galaxy s5 owner

See response in your other thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...nal-memory-showing-gallery-only-my-files.html

devmau53

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Ok i managed to fix this problem on my galaxy s5 running stock EE lollipop. All of my internal memory items stopped showing in gallery and the only way i could get them to show was to move the items to sd card but after a bit of reading and thinking i fixed it by going to>my files>phone memory then pressing the 3 dots on top right>settings>show hidden files>tthen go back to phone memory and delete the file called ".nomedia". Then i opened gallery and everything was showing up again. Hope this helps as i just signed up to pass on this info. Thanks for reading and good luck

bigguychris

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Ok i managed to fix this problem on my galaxy s5 running stock EE lollipop. All of my internal memory items stopped showing in gallery and the only way i could get them to show was to move the items to sd card but after a bit of reading and thinking i fixed it by going to>my files>phone memory then pressing the 3 dots on top right>settings>show hidden files>tthen go back to phone memory and delete the file called ".nomedia". Then i opened gallery and everything was showing up again. Hope this helps as i just signed up to pass on this info. Thanks for reading and good luck

This worked!!! Thanks so so much!! My days of copying around pictures are over! You're awesome!! If we ever meet I am buying you your beverage of choice!

devmau53

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Really glad i helped at least one person. This has been anooying the life out of me for a few month now and finally found a fix. I only signed up to share this so im really happy i have helped :)

Dhaval vaghasiya

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I have lg g3 mobile and and same problem persist with my handset. I tried to find ".nomedia" file but its still not appeared in my file folder after doing sho hide file. So if u know than let me know wht to do. Thanks...

Rakesh Sisoudia

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Guys I was facing same problem as we were discussing . Do as follows
got to My Files> .folders+.files ( delete them all) auto media scanning shall take place , if not switch off& on your mobile , surely everything will be back at the right place.

Poornima Devi

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank god!! I was just struggling like anything with the same problem. Mine is moto E.. I was surfing to find out a solution for this.. After reading this forum just connected to my laptop and deleted the nomedia file.. Now everything is working fine as usual. Thanks a lotttt😀😀😀😀😀😀