How do I stop my Blu Life Play from re-downloading emails?

A

AC Question

Blu Life Play eMail Problems

I've been having problems with my email on my Blu Life Play ever since I downloaded the system update. Now, whenever I delete an email, the phone immediately re-downloads it. I switched my settings so that the phone is supposed to check for new emails every hour, and is supposed to delete the email from the server whenever I delete it from in in box, but it does neither. All these duplicate emails clog up my system memory and then I get a message that there is not enough memory left to download application updates. It's getting so bad I can spend over an hour a day cleaning out my trash folder because I may have up to 16 duplicates of each email I receive. I have loved this phone so much but it is becoming cumbersome spending so much time managing emails. I even deleted my 3 accounts and tried re-installing, but got the same result.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Blu Life Play eMail Problems

I've been having problems with my email on my Blu Life Play ever since I downloaded the system update. Now, whenever I delete an email, the phone immediately re-downloads it. I switched my settings so that the phone is supposed to check for new emails every hour, and is supposed to delete the email from the server whenever I delete it from in in box, but it does neither. All these duplicate emails clog up my system memory and then I get a message that there is not enough memory left to download application updates. It's getting so bad I can spend over an hour a day cleaning out my trash folder because I may have up to 16 duplicates of each email I receive. I have loved this phone so much but it is becoming cumbersome spending so much time managing emails. I even deleted my 3 accounts and tried re-installing, but got the same result.

Try going in to the settings, go to the application manager, go to the app and clear the data. This will reset the app for you. Hopefully you don't have emails on your phone you absolutely need. This might fix the issue and might not.