The app is called phone booster and has the same logo as CM speed booster, only in black.

It is installed as administrator app and can't be ticked to deactivate this. Therefore can't be uninstalled.

It also blocks downloading from Playstore so I can't download cleanup apps.
    03-30-2015 03:22 PM
    Have someone else install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus. Back them up with App Backup & Restore. Copy the backups to your tablet. Tap the Malwarebytes apk file and it'll install Malwarebytes. Run it. (Let it run - probably overnight.) If that doesn't clean the thing out, do the same with Avast. (Don't run them at the same time, or your phone will run slower than a dead snail. Once they do their initial runs, they can be left running at all times.)
    Alta Burwell likes this.
    03-30-2015 06:10 PM
    Necesito q me ayuden!!!.
    05-07-2015 10:18 AM
    Tal vez es parte de CM. Has mirado si puedes desactivarlo dentro del app principal? La otra cosa que puedes hacer es desactivar CM como Device administrator y ver que pasa. O tal vez desinstalarlo. A parte de la facilidad para borrar archivos basura no hay mucho que merezca la pena de usar.
    05-07-2015 10:30 AM
    Lesson to learn folks. Stay away from these "boost" apps. They're garbage and potentially dangerous.
    05-07-2015 10:40 AM
    If phone of android go to setting and select running once you see phone booster hit stop and go to security go down and put Device Administrator And click the check next to phone booster and hit conform and OK then Go to storage go to phone booster and uninstall and that how you get at phone boost if your hearing this phone booster **** YOU not to you guy's your awesome
    05-08-2015 08:35 PM
    reboot your tablet into safe mode(google it) then go to device administrators and deactivate then uninstall it
    05-13-2015 12:53 PM
    I had to tell you, THANK YOU for taking the time to help others solve tech issues. I am pretty tech savy but, sometimes I need help. Your solution above broke days of frustration and aggravation with the same app, PHONE BOOST, I accidentally downloaded. But, get this, after trying Malwarebytes, which I live by on my laptop, and Avast Grime cleaner, it was the Avast Security n Antivirus that finally got rid of it. Unlike the guest above, my app was red, and took over my device administrator. Talk about huge f*** up. So, again, I appreciate your time and interest here to help others. Many probably don't say it, but, I am, your an angel in our eyes.
    06-10-2015 07:46 AM
    ^^^Welcome as a new member and thank you for your feedback and kind comments.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-10-2015 08:21 AM
    What did you use to get rid of Phone Booster? I have the exact same problem. Post 8
    06-10-2015 08:42 PM
    Neither of above option seem to help in my case... Phone Booster on my Motorola phone is not visible with other admin apps but it kicks me out every time I'll try to change anything there. The app created new option under Accessibility / System "PhoneBooster" not visible in Safe Mode, and otherwise inaccessible. Any other suggestions?
    06-20-2015 02:21 PM
    i get this rubbish out of my phone last night,i use malwarebyte too .but no effect phonebooster always in my running app,cannot uninstall.
    i solve it in android setting>>>>>>>setting or option>>>>privacy setting>>>>>hardware keeper or phone keeper>>>>>>>android phone and android setting,,this two setting must empty a ticking square>>>>>and then go to uninstall the phonebooster......will be ok !!!!!!!!
    my englishis so .........if something mistake.....sor
    07-03-2015 10:02 PM
    oh god. finally i done it. a phone booster app in red color icon is installed on my phone. after that i didn't find it anywhere in the menu. but in the background process, i seen it working. i worried and installed some uninstaller apps from store. but no help because of administrator settings are taken control by that RED demon. Finally from the PC where i have a phone suite , from there i uninstalled it. even the malware bytes app also failed , ofcourse it detected as a malware .
    07-08-2015 11:41 AM
    I had to tell you, THANK YOU for taking the time to help others solve tech issues. I am pretty tech savy but, sometimes I need help. Your solution above broke days of frustration and aggravation with the same app, PHONE BOOST, I accidentally downloaded. But, get this, after trying Malwarebytes, which I live by on my laptop, and Avast Grime cleaner, it was the Avast Security n Antivirus that finally got rid of it. Unlike the guest above, my app was red, and took over my device administrator. Talk about huge f*** up. So, again, I appreciate your time and interest here to help others. Many probably don't say it, but, I am, your an angel in our eyes.
    How you did that ?
    07-20-2015 11:20 PM
    I have a galaxy note 3 and had the same problem. I called Samsung and had them to do a factory reset and now it's gone. Hope this helps
    08-06-2015 03:23 PM
    I've tried all the different anti virus and malware. Avast security and and virus did the job in 2 seconds. NO MORE PHONE BOOST 1.1 MALWARE! Thanks Avast!
    09-08-2015 10:39 PM
    If phone of android go to setting and select running once you see phone booster hit stop and go to security go down and put Device Administrator And click the check next to phone booster and hit conform and OK then Go to storage go to phone booster and uninstall and that how you get at phone boost if your hearing this phone booster **** YOU not to you guy's your awesome
    you my friend are awesome! thanks you very much. it helped
    09-19-2015 12:48 AM
    Blueuma fan, Thank you so much! I followed your instructions to the letter and I did it!
    Thank you so much. I was going nuts trying to do this. Major learning curve
    Blessings

📌 Too much Talk about all these apps to download or preferring to let someone else to do it.
    📌 Follow Blueuma fan's instructions. Easy!
    📌 If you have trouble deciphering them, then I'll help.
    05-11-2016 01:32 PM
    Heya guys. I need some help in removing some malware apps I did not installed. I can't uninstall it and it's kinda hard for me to uninstall this one. The app was named "Yellow Booster" and I want it to be removed. Help. Thanks.
    07-01-2016 12:47 PM
    Heya guys. I need some help in removing some malware apps I did not installed. I can't uninstall it and it's kinda hard for me to uninstall this one. The app was named "Yellow Booster" and I want it to be removed. Help. Thanks.
    Hi Kiel, check your other thread.

How can I uninstall an app that was installed by ads?
    How can I uninstall an app that was installed by ads?
    07-01-2016 01:26 PM