I recently bought an android device [moto g] and i have a few question since i'm coming from the windows phone side. Hope you guys can fill me in.

On WP8.1 we had something called quiet hours [Do-not disturb in apple terms]
    My question is in the priority/none mode in lollipop, is there a setting in which the led notification light will glow whenever i get a message but wont trigger vibrate or sound?

What normal RAM usage for apps that im not using [and how much should i keep free for smooth experience] ?

These were my questions for now, i hope you guys can help me out
    03-30-2015 04:14 PM
    1. I don't think there's a setting for notification light only. The only way to get a notification light but no sound or vibration would be to go into the notification settings in each app and turn off sounds and vibration. Not exactly handy. But maybe someone else knows of an app that can do this for you and will chime in.

2. RAM usage should normally run about 70-75%, maybe 80%. You don't need to do anything about closing apps or worry about RAM. Android handles closing apps for you automatically as needed.

DO NOT use any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, antivirus, etc etc. None of that stuff is necessary, most are actually counterproductive and some are just plain evil. They actually waste power and may disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance. Android is excellent at handling processes and memory with no help from 3rd-party apps or user assistance.

Just let Android do it's job as intended, relax and enjoy your phone.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-30-2015 04:48 PM