How do I complete my Samsung Galaxy Centura upgrade?

A

AC Question

How to complete Samsung Galaxy Centura upgrade

When I turn on my phone the screen shows "Android is upgrading, optimizing application 1 of 1." This screen message has been on for hours. I cannot use the phone and I can't turn it off. I have to remove the battery to turn it off.

What can I do to either complete the upgrade so I can use the phone again?

Thank you,
Barbara

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to complete Samsung Galaxy Centura upgrade

Welcome to Android Central! Did the phone actually get a system update? This would be surprising, considering that the phone is somewhat dated (unless it was a Samsung update).

Try forcing a power off by pressing and holding the Power button for about 15-20 seconds. Then pull the battery, wait 10 seconds, put it back in, and power back on again. Do you get the same thing?

Mandy Gagne

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my centura. I held the power button to shut it then took out the battery and when i turned it on it resumed with android is upgrading. How do I get it to stop so I can use my phone?

pharmacy814

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I have tried turning my phone off and taking out the battery but when I turn it back on I keep getting the "Android is upgrading... Optimizing application 1 of 1" message. I have also tried pressing the Power off button, volume down and home buttons at the same time and I get the message "Warning!! A custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications. If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key. Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel."
What do I do from there or should I not do anything?

rbolko

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
i am having the same problem with my phone for 2 days now... i did the same thing to reboot {hold volume button and power button] and then pushed the volume down button and am now at a screen with an android and the msg "Downloading... Do not tun off target!!" When i did this yesterday this screen never went away so i am doing it again... any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781