Having problems updating Nexus 6 to 5.1?

A

AC Question

I have been trying to update my T-Mobile Nexus 6 to 5.1 from 5.0.1 via OTA, but every time I do, I get the error message

"Finding update package..
Opening update package..
Verifying update package..
Installing update..
Verifying current system..
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system has been remounted R/W: reflash device to reenable OTA updates
E: Error in 0/cache/recovery/block.map
(Status 7)

Installation aborted."

I am not rooted, I have only unencrypted my device. When I unencrypted my device, it said that I would have no problem receiving OTA updates because if it didn't say that, I wouldn't have went through with the process in the first place. I've been trying to stay away from messing with my phones because it always lead to problems such as this one. I would really like to get this OTA without wiping data or flashing anything if that is possible because my computer doesn't work as of now. Its strange because I believe I received the 5.0.1 update and installed it after I unencrypted it. Well anyway, please help!!! Thanks in advanced!!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to update my T-Mobile Nexus 6 to 5.1 from 5.0.1 via OTA, but every time I do, I get the error message

"Finding update package..
Opening update package..
Verifying update package..
Installing update..
Verifying current system..
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system has been remounted R/W: reflash device to reenable OTA updates
E: Error in 0/cache/recovery/block.map
(Status 7)

Installation aborted."

I am not rooted, I have only unencrypted my device. When I unencrypted my device, it said that I would have no problem receiving OTA updates because if it didn't say that, I wouldn't have went through with the process in the first place. I've been trying to stay away from messing with my phones because it always lead to problems such as this one. I would really like to get this OTA without wiping data or flashing anything if that is possible because my computer doesn't work as of now. Its strange because I believe I received the 5.0.1 update and installed it after I unencrypted it. Well anyway, please help!!! Thanks in advanced!!

Boot in to recovery and just wipe cache and start again.. it will installs without problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX