I recently got an SD card which is by sandisk but for some reason I can't move data from my phone to my SD card. When I go to settings, then apps and then when I go on an app there is nothing that says move to SD card. I have put the sd card in properly but I just can't move data to my SD card. PLEASE HELP!
    03-31-2015 06:23 AM
    Google removed the capability to move apps to the SD card with the Jellybean release of Android. If you are on a later version, there are some tools that can replicate the feature, but they all basically fool the phone into thinking part of the SD card is internal storage and they are all fairly risky (I corrupted a SD a few years back playing around with the feature to see how well it worked).

Google Play listing of app2sd apps

Use at your own risk... SD cards aren't designed to function the way most of these use them.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-31-2015 09:16 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Most (if not all) of those apps require you to root your phone, so keep that in mind as well.

The SD card has always been primarily useful for storing media files, not for app installation. The best approach is always to get a phone that has as much internal storage as you can afford.
    03-31-2015 11:45 AM