How I can run Windows on Android device?

Claude Speed

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Because I need to convert WAV files to Atrac3+ files! But tool required (GoldWave) is only available on Windows and Linux via Wine :( Do I can run Windows apps?

EDIT: I want just run just Windows apps only!

Posted via the Android Central App

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
No one has answered because there is no answer. There's no practical way to do what you want. Even Lumia Windows phones don't run regular Windows, they run Windows Phone, a special OS just for mobile devices.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I didn't really expect it would, I was just taking a shot with what a quick search found.

I'm sure B. Duddy is correct. ATRAC3 is a kinda orphan format of Sony's that never really caught on in widespread use.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
ATRAC3 is a kinda orphan format of Sony's that never really caught on in widespread use.

That seems to be the story of Sony's life. Except maybe for Blu-Ray ... but then just as it was getting popular, the rise of digital HD downloads and streaming has made Blu-Ray essentially obsolete as well!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The only way you're going to convert the files is to copy them to a Windows (or Linux) computer, convert them, then copy the converted files back. (Rewriting Windows to run on your Android phone is another option, but it's as practical as bringing it to the cellphone shop on Mars to have it done.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad