So I had stopped into Best Buy to pre-order the GS6 on Friday. All seemed to go well initially. Today, I contacted two stores as well as Verizon to confirm what I thought was a discrepancy. To pick up the GS6 (or edge) on Verizon as well as some other carriers, the price is substantially higher than a carrier's offering. For example, Verizon's cost for a 32GB model is ~600. Best Buy is charging 750. Admittedly, the free charger may offset some of that cost, but this is still a significant (25%) price difference.

I hope that I am wrong and the representatives with whom I spoke do not have correct information. If this is the case, I will certainly be cancelling my order. I hope someone else can shed some light on this or provide confirmation or dispute this. thanks!
    03-31-2015 02:31 PM
    So I had stopped into Best Buy to pre-order the GS6 on Friday. All seemed to go well initially. Today, I contacted two stores as well as Verizon to confirm what I thought was a discrepancy. To pick up the GS6 (or edge) on Verizon as well as some other carriers, the price is substantially higher than a carrier's offering. For example, Verizon's cost for a 32GB model is ~600. Best Buy is charging 750. Admittedly, the free charger may offset some of that cost, but this is still a significant (25%) price difference.

I hope that I am wrong and the representatives with whom I spoke do not have correct information. If this is the case, I will certainly be cancelling my order. I hope someone else can shed some light on this or provide confirmation or dispute this. thanks!
    IIRC, Best Buy has their own pricing.

Example: the Verizon Galaxy S5 is now $500. Best Buy sells it for $750. The Note 4 is $700 at Verizon but Best Buy has it for $750.
    03-31-2015 03:20 PM
    IIRC, Best Buy has their own pricing.

Example: the Verizon Galaxy S5 is now $500. Best Buy sells it for $750. The Note 4 is $700 at Verizon but Best Buy has it for $750.
    Thanks for the clarification. Not exactly a good move on BB's part if you ask me, but I'm sure people will pick it up there regardless.
    03-31-2015 03:42 PM
    Thanks for the clarification. Not exactly a good move on BB's part if you ask me, but I'm sure people will pick it up there regardless.
    Been like this historically. Pretty common actually. Walmart and Target have different pricing as well.
    03-31-2015 03:54 PM