Wipe data factory reset doesn't work on my nexus 5?

A

AC Question

The problem is that the 5.1 OTA update arrived on my phone today. I downloaded it, and then clicked restart and update. I left my phone for like 20-30 minutes and was doing some homework to make some time. When I went to check my phone it was stucked in the green android logo where it said: no command. Then I pressed the power button while I pressed one time the volume buttton and i entered the android system recovery where i pressed "wipe data factory reset". After that on the bottom left side it appears two messages, one saying "wiping data" and the other "formatting data" but the problem is that nothing happens. After a while it appears a saying "formatting / cache" and then "data wipe complete". But it doesn't reboot or anything and i go back to the system recovery menu. PLEASE HELP. My phone isn't rooted or anything

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that the 5.1 OTA update arrived on my phone today. I downloaded it, and then clicked restart and update. I left my phone for like 20-30 minutes and was doing some homework to make some time. When I went to check my phone it was stucked in the green android logo where it said: no command. Then I pressed the power button while I pressed one time the volume buttton and i entered the android system recovery where i pressed "wipe data factory reset". After that on the bottom left side it appears two messages, one saying "wiping data" and the other "formatting data" but the problem is that nothing happens. After a while it appears a saying "formatting / cache" and then "data wipe complete". But it doesn't reboot or anything and i go back to the system recovery menu. PLEASE HELP. My phone isn't rooted or anything

Did you try holding down the power butting and turning it off. Then booting back up to see if it boots in to the update?