Hi there,

my battery was low (3%) and i connected my S3 to my charging cable. After that i started spotify. When I wanted to show a friend, who was in a different room, a title of a song, the screen froze and i couldnt do anything (On-/off-button didn't react, touchscreen didnt react)
    I took out the battery and put it back in to restart the phone.

Since then the phone stops booting after the white Samsung Galaxy S3-logo appears (or when i connect the charging cable, the battery shown doesn't start to turn green)
    I can enter the discovery mode:
    "E: failed to mount /system (Invalid argument)
    can't mount '/system' (invalid argument)
    E: failed to mount /system (Invalid argument)"

The bad thing about this problem is: I need to get my photos and contact datas/ numbers. Unfortunately i didnt do a backup before. Moreover the needed data have been created in the last 14 days, when i was on a journey and couldn't do a backup.

Is there a way to get my data from the phone to my PC or USB or external SD?
    The phone is not rooted, USB-debugging is not activated. I changed the battery, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.
    Is it possible to flash the newest software via Odin without deleting my data (so firmware/ system data only)

Thanks for your help!
    04-01-2015 03:50 PM
    Hi there,

my battery was low (3%) and i connected my S3 to my charging cable. After that i started spotify. When I wanted to show a friend, who was in a different room, a title of a song, the screen froze and i couldnt do anything (On-/off-button didn't react, touchscreen didnt react)
    I took out the battery and put it back in to restart the phone.

Since then the phone stops booting after the white Samsung Galaxy S3-logo appears (or when i connect the charging cable, the battery shown doesn't start to turn green)
    I can enter the discovery mode:
    "E: failed to mount /system (Invalid argument)
    can't mount '/system' (invalid argument)
    E: failed to mount /system (Invalid argument)"

The bad thing about this problem is: I need to get my photos and contact datas/ numbers. Unfortunately i didnt do a backup before. Moreover the needed data have been created in the last 14 days, when i was on a journey and couldn't do a backup.

Is there a way to get my data from the phone to my PC or USB or external SD?
    The phone is not rooted, USB-debugging is not activated. I changed the battery, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.
    Is it possible to flash the newest software via Odin without deleting my data (so firmware/ system data only)

Thanks for your help!
    If you can find a factory image just like the one you have on there you should be able to just flash the image over it. Your data won't be messed with, it will just flash the system files.
    04-01-2015 06:32 PM