Google Play Music no longer displays album art in the Artist tab??

A

AC Question

My phone used to show album cover art in the ARTIST tab in the music library. Now it just shows boxes with a silhouette head and music note. It DOES show the album art when I slide over to Genres, Albums, or Songs, but not under Artists. What happened? I have gone to the apps section and cleared my data. It rebuilt everything in the other tabs, but not the ARTIST tab, which is the one I use the most. Any ideas what changed?
The artist tab used to condense albums so you would see a few squished together. but I still thought it was cooler than just blank boxes.
I asked this question last week, and though I have had over a hundred views, there hasn't been one reply. Surely someone must know the inner workings of Google play music and can figure out why the "artist tab" art work is gone.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My phone used to show album cover art in the ARTIST tab in the music library. Now it just shows boxes with a silhouette head and music note. It DOES show the album art when I slide over to Genres, Albums, or Songs, but not under Artists. What happened? I have gone to the apps section and cleared my data. It rebuilt everything in the other tabs, but not the ARTIST tab, which is the one I use the most. Any ideas what changed?
The artist tab used to condense albums so you would see a few squished together. but I still thought it was cooler than just blank boxes.
I asked this question last week, and though I have had over a hundred views, there hasn't been one reply. Surely someone must know the inner workings of Google play music and can figure out why the "artist tab" art work is gone.

What phone do you have? I know that sometimes that happens to my Google Play Music and it eventually fixes itself but if it is going on a while for you then something must be messed up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781