My phone used to show album cover art in the ARTIST tab in the music library. Now it just shows boxes with a silhouette head and music note. It DOES show the album art when I slide over to Genres, Albums, or Songs, but not under Artists. What happened? I have gone to the apps section and cleared my data. It rebuilt everything in the other tabs, but not the ARTIST tab, which is the one I use the most. Any ideas what changed?
    The artist tab used to condense albums so you would see a few squished together. but I still thought it was cooler than just blank boxes.
    I asked this question last week, and though I have had over a hundred views, there hasn't been one reply. Surely someone must know the inner workings of Google play music and can figure out why the "artist tab" art work is gone.
    04-01-2015 08:08 PM
    My phone used to show album cover art in the ARTIST tab in the music library. Now it just shows boxes with a silhouette head and music note. It DOES show the album art when I slide over to Genres, Albums, or Songs, but not under Artists. What happened? I have gone to the apps section and cleared my data. It rebuilt everything in the other tabs, but not the ARTIST tab, which is the one I use the most. Any ideas what changed?
    The artist tab used to condense albums so you would see a few squished together. but I still thought it was cooler than just blank boxes.
    I asked this question last week, and though I have had over a hundred views, there hasn't been one reply. Surely someone must know the inner workings of Google play music and can figure out why the "artist tab" art work is gone.
    What phone do you have? I know that sometimes that happens to my Google Play Music and it eventually fixes itself but if it is going on a while for you then something must be messed up.
    04-02-2015 07:57 AM
    I have an LG Optimus 9. This problem has been going on a long time. How do I get the album art back in the artist tab section?
    04-14-2015 06:40 PM
    I have the exact same problem
    I have a feeling that it was just an update to play music bc some people I know are in the same situation
    I have a s5 and so do my friends
    07-11-2015 02:01 AM
    I'm having this same issue, there is no art in Google play music. Does anyone know the solution?
    06-06-2016 01:18 AM
    I am a as well on s5 I've tried deleting the cache, data, david cache, and a refresh and I get nowhere.
    07-22-2016 10:04 AM