I have an LG G3 with Lollipop (5.0)

1. I kept my important work email folders (office365) on my start screen. Can I do the same on my Android phone?
    2. Are there any icons that actually update so I don't have to go into every app to see look for new emails?
    3. What is the best calendar app? On my Windows Phone the calendar app let me see my Hotmail, work and Facebook calendar in one app.
    4. On the "Add an Account" settings I cant add my Microsoft or Hotmail account as an account?
    5. Is there something like Cortana where I can say "remind me to do xyz at 2pm tonight"?

The last one is a long shot...
    6. I use Audible constantly but I don't want my audiobook title being the lock screen..anyone have any idea how to turn it off?

Thanks!
    04-02-2015 08:09 AM
    Welcome to Android Central. I don't have a Windows phone, but I can try to answer some of these:

1. For Gmail, you can create a shortcut to a specific label. As I don't have all my email accounts on my phone, I don't know what else would work like this.

2. Icons don't update, but you will get a notification icon at the top in the status bar.

3. Not sure.

4. It should allow you to add Microsoft accounts. Are you having trouble, or just wondering?

5. That would be Google Now. The app is labeled as Google in a squareish icon. You can set it on a home screen, open it, and then say, 'Ok, Google'.

6. There might be a setting for that in the actual Audible app. Just guessing here though.

This also might be useful: http://forums.androidcentral.com/pho...ml#post4319921
    04-02-2015 09:05 AM
    Welcome to Android Central. I don't have a Windows phone, but I can try to answer some of these:

1. For Gmail, you can create a shortcut to a specific label. As I don't have all my email accounts on my phone, I don't know what else would work like this.

2. Icons don't update, but you will get a notification icon at the top in the status bar.

3. Not sure.

4. It should allow you to add Microsoft accounts. Are you having trouble, or just wondering?

5. That would be Google Now. The app is labeled as Google in a squareish icon. You can set it on a home screen, open it, and then say, 'Ok, Google'.

6. There might be a setting for that in the actual Audible app. Just guessing here though.

This also might be useful: http://forums.androidcentral.com/pho...ml#post4319921
    I thought on a Droid, "Ok Google" could simply be triggered by saying that? You didn't need to open an app?

I'm kinda in the same boat as the OP and checking things out.

On my WP, I can enable alerts from my important apps to show on the lock screen without having to unlock or check a notification bar. Can Droid do that as well?
    04-02-2015 09:48 AM
    I thought on a Droid, "Ok Google" could simply be triggered by saying that?
    It can. I typically check things out on my M8. Running a custom ROM and I no longer have options for the 'Any screen detection', but it's there on my Nex5.
    04-02-2015 10:05 AM
    It can. I typically check things out on my M8. Running a custom ROM and I no longer have options for the 'Any screen detection', but it's there on my Nex5.
    Thanks.

I get part of what you said, but what do you mean by "options for the 'Any screen detection"?
    04-02-2015 10:17 AM
    Thanks.

I get part of what you said, but what do you mean by "options for the 'Any screen detection"?
    Hard to explain without the aid of screenshots. Will provide them tonite.

From an AOSP M8
    04-02-2015 02:15 PM
    Here is what I mean...Windows Phone User moving to Android, How do I do some things I used to do?-uploadfromtaptalk1428033335136.jpg
    jleebiker likes this.
    04-02-2015 10:55 PM