How do I stop auto-installation through mobile data?

A

AC Question

How to stop auto-installation through mobile data

Hi Team, I am looking for some help on a situation I face now, unfortunately, I did not find an answer anywhere in the Google results.

When I login to my Google account through a computer and opt to install some applications in Google Play Store, it starts installing immediatly through mobile data into my smart phone. How do I setup to install any new applications when only Wi-fi is available and not through mobile data? I found an option in the phone to setup for updates to applications ("Auto-update apps over Wi-fi only") but not to a new applications. Again, I am not referring an update to installed applications, but for new applications.

Hope my questions is clear.

Thank you in advance
Maruthi

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to stop auto-installation through mobile data

Welcome to Android Central! If you're talking about only new apps, then are you selecting those apps from Google Play Store on your computer browser, and clicking on the Install button from there? I'm not sure if you can specify for new apps to be remotely installed over wi-fi only.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to stop auto-installation through mobile data

You would probably have to uncheck the "data over mobile network" option...but then you couldn't use ANY data without wifi. It's probably best to just only install new apps when you know you have a wifi connection.