Hi Team, I am looking for some help on a situation I face now, unfortunately, I did not find an answer anywhere in the Google results.

When I login to my Google account through a computer and opt to install some applications in Google Play Store, it starts installing immediatly through mobile data into my smart phone. How do I setup to install any new applications when only Wi-fi is available and not through mobile data? I found an option in the phone to setup for updates to applications ("Auto-update apps over Wi-fi only") but not to a new applications. Again, I am not referring an update to installed applications, but for new applications.

Hope my questions is clear.

Thank you in advance
    Maruthi
    04-02-2015 09:27 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you're talking about only new apps, then are you selecting those apps from Google Play Store on your computer browser, and clicking on the Install button from there? I'm not sure if you can specify for new apps to be remotely installed over wi-fi only.
    04-02-2015 10:29 AM
    You would probably have to uncheck the "data over mobile network" option...but then you couldn't use ANY data without wifi. It's probably best to just only install new apps when you know you have a wifi connection.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-02-2015 10:40 AM
    Thank you for the reply, yes your understanding is correct. So I have only option to install directly from phone when wi-fi is available
    04-04-2015 07:57 AM
    Thank you for the reply, unfortunately, I have to install them directly through phone when wi-fi is avaiable.
    04-04-2015 07:59 AM