Why do I keep getting asked for a Credential Storage password?

vernonator63

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Android 4.4.4 and Credential Storage error

I have a Note 3 w/ 4.4.4 on it. Trying to install a VPN certificate and I am getting the "Enter password for credential storage". I have tried removing my lock screen pin and forcing it to ask me for one (this is the typical fix I find all over the web) and that does NOT work for me. Any other things to try? I am at the point that if I try to put a password in at the prompt it tells me "Credential Storage Cleared" and takes me back to the prompt.

The phone is not rooted or modified in any way.

I am trying to install FoxFi and it wants to establish a VPN connection - FoxFi broke when I got updated from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4

Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android 4.4.4 and Credential Storage error

I have a Note 3 w/ 4.4.4 on it. Trying to install a VPN certificate and I am getting the "Enter password for credential storage". I have tried removing my lock screen pin and forcing it to ask me for one (this is the typical fix I find all over the web) and that does NOT work for me. Any other things to try? I am at the point that if I try to put a password in at the prompt it tells me "Credential Storage Cleared" and takes me back to the prompt.

Welcome to Android Central!

Is the phone rooted?