Is 32GB Storage on the Galaxy S6 Enough For Me?

Ngster

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm deciding between the 64 GB S6 and the 32 GB S6 Edge (both are $300 on contract).

I have been using the 32 GB HTC One (M7) for the past 2 years. So far I've only used 19.85 GB/ 32 GB, with apps taking 10.54 GB, music taking 1.61 GB, photos/videos taking 453 MB. 7.21 GB is used by the OS and other pre-installed apps. 12.15 GB is free.

Now it seems like 32 GB is more than enough for me, but with the S6, I plan to use the camera A LOT more than the M7's purple tinted camera. I don't really like to use cloud storage, so with an increase of pictures and videos, do you think I should opt for 32 GB or 64 GB.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Always get as much Internal Storage as you can comfortably afford. Apart from the photos and videos, do you also like keeping music or movies stored locally on the phone for offline listening or viewing? Play lots of big games? If so, then definitely go for 64 GB.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Here's a quart of milk - it's $1. Here's a gallon of the same milk - it's also $1. Which one would you take?

If they're charging you the same price for 32GB or 64GB, what's to think about? The phone won't break if you never use more than 32GB. (I'd go for the 128GB model if the price difference wasn't much and you could swing it.)

Always keep anything you don't want to lose on the cloud (at least one account - but there's no such thing as "too many backups"), but it's nice to have everything you want quickly on the phone itself.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
What did you choose? 32gb or 64gb? That's my dilemma now, I got 32gb and I have 10 more days to change my mind if I want 64gb.
After I mostly setup my phone system memory + my apps, no pictures in the phone at the moment, planning to add more apps about 30+, no music to store on the phone since I am not doing that (I am using streaming music or video since I have a lot of data), not keeping huge files on the phone but lately they getting bigger. Now since we don't have removable memory card option I don't want to make mistake and keep 32gb and cannot add more if needed, but currently as I mention above with what I have and forgot that I have minimum 5000+ pictures per year and that can just go up sure not down would 32gb still work for me. I am switching Galaxy phone every new Galaxy S phone release and currently I have less than 19gb left on the phone, again no pictures, files, and need minimum more 30+ apps to download (no games)

What is your opinion about this? Should I get 64gb or keep 32gb while I am under 14 days exchange.

Your input are very appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol