I got a message that looked exactly like the update screen for the lollipop update on my s5 so I clicked on learn more. Since it kind of doesn't let you not update I clicked to install now. My Galaxy S5 went to the Samsung power on/off screen and then went to sndroid system recovery screen where my choices involve things like rebooting the system now, applying update from ADB, apply update from external storage, apply update from cache, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, reboot to bootloader, power down, view recovery logs, enable cp logging, disable cp logging.

I don't know what happened or what to click?!?! My phone is my alarm in the morning... but I am terrified I just got a virus. I don't remember what the update said it was though it was a bunch of letters and numbers (eek!) vs something like "android lollipop 5.0" I did the lollipop update when it came out and that wasn't fun, but it didn't direct me to this screen. I've never seen this screen on my galaxy. Granted, I've only had any android device since september or so.
    04-03-2015 02:40 AM
    That's strange, but i don't think it's a virus though. Just click reboot and it should reboot your phone normally or install the 5.0 lollipop update.

Edited: Wait so you already installed lollipop previous to this occurring? Now that is very strange. Can you describe what this screen you've never seen before looked like?

Edited #2: there was in fact a performance update to 5.0 lollipop that was released a few days ago.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    04-03-2015 02:46 AM
    Sorry it took me so long to figure out how to reply to this. I have had lollipop for weeks now. I am not sure what it was trying to update, but it did not say anything in "English" as it was all random numbers and letters for what the update was. The screen is black, with red lettering saying "Android system recovery" and giving me instructions to use the volume buttons to move between the choices and the power button to pick my choice of those mentioned above. There is blue lettering that lists the choices. Then at the bottom there is yellow lettering that says manual mode and something about applying multi-csc and how that was successful.
    04-03-2015 03:07 AM
    Yea recovery mode, but if you have already installed the performance update for lollipop then it shouldn't bring you there. When you clicked install now did it take you directly to recovery mode and not to an android with his chest open downloading and installing the update?

04-03-2015 03:21 AM
    If it took me to the Android dude it was quick. I seem to maybe recall that, but it was super fast. So should I go to reboot system now or apply update from ADB or external storage or from cache?
    04-03-2015 03:32 AM
    Yea if the android person only showed on the screen for less than a second then it took you to recovery mode. You should reboot.

04-03-2015 03:37 AM
    All the other options are for different things. Tell me if it worked and booted up normal. It should but keep in mind if I don't reply back I'm probably gonna be asleep.

04-03-2015 03:37 AM
    So far so good! Thank you for your help. I'll let you know if it goes downhill from here so that others can know as well!
    Josiah23 likes this.
    04-03-2015 04:15 AM