also does not read it on a computer, i tried to mount the sd card or move items into it but does not allow me click the 'move to sd card' help me.The phone will not let me update as it says iv got too much storage, iv rebooted enough time but does not work, my data is trapped in the sd card so urgently need it to work. thanks.
    04-03-2015 04:57 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The card is probably faulty or counterfeit. If it doesn't register anywhere (and doesn't even give you the option to format it), then it's useless. Get another card, preferably a well-known brand like Sandisk, from a reputable retailer (not a random seller from eBay).
    04-03-2015 06:29 PM
    Also run SD Insight on any new card. If the app gives you a different size or an impossible date (like January 1970 - they hadn't invented non-volatile storage yet, but that's 0 in a *nix date), the card is counterfeit.

Also, not all apps allow you to "move" them to the SD card. (You're only moving portions, not the whole app. And some code just won't run from the SD card. Android was never intended or designed to run apps from the card.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-04-2015 02:39 PM