LG G2 back button led won't stop blinking?

A

AC Question

The back led power button on my LG G2 won't stop pulsing when the screen is off. I just had the lollipop update, and this is when the problem began. I don't have any apps open. Restarting the phone makes it go away, but I don't want to restart my phone every time it happens.

P. S. I'm using lightflow, and it only controls the led lights on the front of my phone. I never had a problem with it before I updated to lollipop.

Thanks for the help.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The back led power button on my LG G2 won't stop pulsing when the screen is off. I just had the lollipop update, and this is when the problem began. I don't have any apps open. Restarting the phone makes it go away, but I don't want to restart my phone every time it happens.

P. S. I'm using lightflow, and it only controls the led lights on the front of my phone. I never had a problem with it before I updated to lollipop.

Thanks for the help.

Welcome to Android Central!

Try clearing your cache.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9837

Posted via the Android Central App

sreichelt26

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same problem and figured it out. Go to Settings > Display and then click on Notification Light. Then there's a tab at the top for the back light and you can uncheck everything. That'll turn it off!

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Turning off the notification light in settings completely disables the notification light, as if it's no longer there. If you've come to depend on the notfication light like I have, this is a bad idea.

I dug around in my phone's settings and discovered the blinking power button LED was being caused by alternating mode being activated in Light Manager Pro. I set it back to normal mode and the power button LED stopped blinking whenever the screen was off. Maybe something similar is happening for you.

Rob Whitlock

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Fortune, the clear cache suggested by itguyjax8430 didn't work for me. The Light Manager fix suggested by liteon163 did. Light Manager is an LED light manager that is an app I installed from the Play Store. If you have it you should be able to find it in your app drawer. If not it may be another LED light manager that you have installed e.g. lightflow that itguyjax8430 uses that may have a similar setting. If you are desperate you can turn the rear LED off completely : Settings->display->notification LED->Rear LED tab->uncheck all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv