Ok, so I am new to Rooting but i decided to do it, so forgive me if i get the terms wrong or I don't know what some things mean.

So basically I rooted by phone (Galaxy S4 - i337) using motochopper, and it was quite quick and simple. Right after, I used Odin and put CWM on my phone, but when I try to go into recovery mode, it just goes to the stock recovery mode.

The phone still works fine, and I can open SuperSU, but it prompts me to update (it says, "The Superuser binary must be updated"), but when i click install to update it, it says, "There was an error installing Superuser." Also, when I use Root Checker, it says the phone is not rooted.

I'm confused because I thought I rooted it, and the sign of having SuperSu meant that it was indeed rooted. Any help on how to root the device and get CWM on it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    04-03-2015 02:25 PM
    Ok, so I am new to Rooting but i decided to do it, so forgive me if i get the terms wrong or I don't know what some things mean.

So basically I rooted by phone (Galaxy S4 - i337) using motochopper, and it was quite quick and simple. Right after, I used Odin and put CWM on my phone, but when I try to go into recovery mode, it just goes to the stock recovery mode.

The phone still works fine, and I can open SuperSU, but it prompts me to update (it says, "The Superuser binary must be updated"), but when i click install to update it, it says, "There was an error installing Superuser." Also, when I use Root Checker, it says the phone is not rooted.

I'm confused because I thought I rooted it, and the sign of having SuperSu meant that it was indeed rooted. Any help on how to root the device and get CWM on it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    There are multiple things that you could of done wrong , first of all go back to where you found the tutorial to unlock your bootloader and flash a custom recovery and make sure you've not missed any steps , also as a side note try and flash TWRP as your recovery instead of CWM ...

Sent from my Nexus 7
    04-03-2015 02:37 PM
    Hey it's me (original poster)
    I'm sorry, but what's a bootloader? Sorry for the lack of knowledge of terminology... like I said, i'm new to this
    and how exactly would i unlock it?
    (I need CWM for the ROM I would like to use by the way)
    04-03-2015 05:37 PM
    Go to the forum for your carrier at Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 - XDA Forums You'll find all the information you need to become an expert with flashing and rooting that phone. (It may take a few days of reading, but it's worth it. Then when you totally brick the phone it's not a disaster, it's just a waste of 10 minutes.)

BTW, if it's an AT&T or Verizon phone, and it's 4.3 or later, you can only flash variants of the stock ROM, and you can't flash a custom recovery or kernel. (But up to 4.4.4, you can install SafeStrap, which gives you TWRP even though you can't flash TWRP. At least flashing ROMs and modems, and making full backups, is as easy as it is with a custom recovery.)
    04-03-2015 06:08 PM