how do i prevent someone from harrassing me?

A

AC Question

I got a call from someone with a private number and when i answered i heard nothing so i hung up.then after a while i got a message from someone asking if i want to be friends with them...and received other messages from the same person...i checked my phone manual and checked my phone to see if i could blacklist the person but saw nothing on how to block the person.can you help me?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Harassment is a crime. Doing it over the phone turns it into a federal crime. (All phone calls are assumed to have an interstate path, even if it's a call from across the street.)

Report it to your local police department, see if they have a cyber crimes unit (if they don't, ask them who handles cyber crimes in your area) and make a formal complaint to both your carrier and to the FCC. Harassing you on the phone is no different than harassing you on the street, except that the caller thinks he's anonymous. (He's not - courts order traces and taps every day.)

Should you "make a federal case out of it"? Definitely. Today's phone harasser is tomorrow's in-person harasser.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante