I recently got a microSD card for my Galaxy Tab S, but when I connect the tablet to my computer via the usb and open up samsung keyes, the external storage doesn't show up to copy media files to it.

I did wait for the tablet to "prepare the micro SD" and then it simply said it was safe to pop it out. I did so and put it back in and I can't seem to access it in any way, either through connecting it to my desktop or even through the android folders app.

can anyone please tell me what I'm missing?
    04-03-2015 05:23 PM
    I recently got a microSD card for my Galaxy Tab S, but when I connect the tablet to my computer via the usb and open up samsung keyes, the external storage doesn't show up to copy media files to it.

I did wait for the tablet to "prepare the micro SD" and then it simply said it was safe to pop it out. I did so and put it back in and I can't seem to access it in any way, either through connecting it to my desktop or even through the android folders app.

can anyone please tell me what I'm missing?
    Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried formatting the card with the tablet under the storage settings?

Current devices: T-Mobile Galaxy S6, Surface Pro 3 Core I5, Nexus 9, and Moto 360

Past Devices - Phones: Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, HTC Incredible, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO, HTC Hero, Motorola Photon.

Tablets: Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 7 (2012), Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Windows 8.1, Dell Venue 8, Galaxy Tab Pro, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8, Kindle Fire HD 8.4, Kindle Fire HD 7, Kindle Fire, iPad 2, iPad 1, Nook HD, Nook.
    04-03-2015 06:15 PM
    I went into the settings and despite the card being inserted the storage section says "Mount SD Card: insert SD Card". No options for formatting.

Also, it seems that when the micro SD card is inserted, when the tablet is restarted or turned on after having been off, two things happen. 1. it takes an exceedingly long time for it to start up (stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S screen for at least a couple minutes); and 2. the WiFi doesn't start up properly. In the wifi settings, it says "turning on" and never actually begins to work. Only after removing the (brand new) sd card and rebooting again does everything work properly
    04-03-2015 06:58 PM
    I went into the settings and despite the card being inserted the storage section says "Mount SD Card: insert SD Card". No options for formatting.

Also, it seems that when the micro SD card is inserted, when the tablet is restarted or turned on after having been off, two things happen. 1. it takes an exceedingly long time for it to start up (stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S screen for at least a couple minutes); and 2. the WiFi doesn't start up properly. In the wifi settings, it says "turning on" and never actually begins to work. Only after removing the (brand new) sd card and rebooting again does everything work properly
    Are you able to format it in your PC?

Current devices: T-Mobile Galaxy S6, Surface Pro 3 Core I5, Nexus 9, and Moto 360

Past Devices - Phones: Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, HTC Incredible, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO, HTC Hero, Motorola Photon.

Tablets: Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 7 (2012), Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Windows 8.1, Dell Venue 8, Galaxy Tab Pro, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8, Kindle Fire HD 8.4, Kindle Fire HD 7, Kindle Fire, iPad 2, iPad 1, Nook HD, Nook.
    04-03-2015 10:43 PM
    Put the card into a card reader and plug it into a computer. See if it shows up there. It could be a defective card.
    04-03-2015 10:44 PM