Why isn't Google Play updating my apps?

A

AC Question

Hello. I own a HTC Sense 4+ with the Android Version 4.1.1. For one week now, I haven't been able to update my applications.

This is what happens: Google informs me I have 16 updates to make. I normally do this one by one, but this time, doig that separately or at the same time doesn't work anyway, as it stays for hours in the "downloading" phase (WHEN it gets to that). After those hours, normally one to two, Google Plays informs that update couldn't be done due to an internal error.

Here is what i have done: i searched in a few forums for solutions, and i ended up clearing play, gplayservices caches + data. I even uninstalled all updates. Gplay self updated and is working, until i try to update again where I get, again, the same behaviour.

Can anyone help me on this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What's the actual phone model? Sense is the name of the user interface.

Try going to Settings>Apps>All​, select Download Manager, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now try again.

claudiamota

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Well...this phone was given to me out of the box (bought in europe) but has always worked super well. I'll try to look for the model.

In the meanwhile, I have tried for the last hours to clear data and cache on the download manager, but it,s "computing" for hours now... :(

claudiamota

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
There is a step where you need to press the volume up+power button (the so called red triangle screen), and my phone isn't going past that step. Buttons flash, I release the buttons, nothing happens. I ended up holding till forever and the phone restarted after 10 seconds.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It can be a tricky button combo. When you see that screen, first press and hold Power, then press Volume Up, then release both at the same time. The whole combination should take about half a second.

claudiamota

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
...:( dear me...ok. I'll try that. I just never synced or backed up before how can I do that in a simple and effective way? Given that my desktop software for the phone never got installed (due to unknow errors).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are all of your contacts associated with your Google account? If you go to your Google Contacts webpage, do you see all of your contacts from the phone there? If so, then they're synced. The same goes for Calendar events--if the events are in a calendar associated with your Google account (as opposed to the Phone account), then they sync automatically with the cloud.

For most other apps, you can back up their data using Helium.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37