I have a samsung galaxy mega 6.3 that has a really dark/dim screen. I can see the screen barely in the right light, so i can't connect it to my laptop. Is there anyway to get the files transfer to my new phone? Or a way to fix the screen without doing a hard reset?
    04-03-2015 07:12 PM
    I have a samsung galaxy mega 6.3 that has a really dark/dim screen. I can see the screen barely in the right light, so i can't connect it to my laptop. Is there anyway to get the files transfer to my new phone? Or a way to fix the screen without doing a hard reset?
    Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

When you say you can't connect it to your laptop, do you mean you cannot cast or side sync the screen, or you cannot unlock the phone screen to connect via usb.

It sounds like you can see enough to unlock any Lock Screen security, so you should be able to connect it as a media or photo device and transfer files from its DCIM folder.
    You could use Samsung Kies to sync more.

If you can get to the Accounts - Google and Samsung sync settings you should be able to save Samsung files and Google contacts etc.
    I suspect you cannot do most of these though.

I had a virtually black screen twice in a week. It was down to inadvertently unchecking the Auto box of the brightness slider on a sunny day. The sensor went crazy I think, so the second time I had to guess where the check box was.

Let us know what you can and cannot do.
    04-03-2015 07:39 PM