After getting really anoyed with the memory leaks of 5.0.1 I was glad to see that I could upgrade OTA to 5.1 (in hopes that the random reboots and app chrashes would be fixed in this update). The dowload went smooth and I know that during the update process the droid is not allowed to turn off, so I kept it plugged in the charger during installation. The installation went fine until the end where I just by chance glanced at my phone and it suddenly said "error" and then rebooted. Ever since it has been stuck in a boot loop that brings it to something that looks like recoverymode, since it accept the key combination for recovery mode and opens the recoverymode menus.

I've tried clearing the cache hoping that would help, but it hasn't.
    I read somewhere (can't find the link again) that completly draining the battery and then fully recharge might help, but it hasn't in my case.
    I've tried to factory reset, but it is still stuck in this boot loop, hence the droid is essentially bricked.

I'm not rooted and it has once before, just after it recieved 5.0.1, where the installation went fine, done something simmilar, where the device randomly rebooted and was stuck in the spinning colours boot loop. The phone was sent for repairs at that time.

Are there any possible solutions I could try my self before handing in my device for repair again to fix this issue?
    I bought the phone November 2014, so it is still under warrenty

Hope that either someone else have encountered this, since I havent really been lucky in my googling of my case, or someone knows what to do
    04-03-2015 09:52 PM
    I read somewhere (can't find the link again) that completly draining the battery and then fully recharge might help
    While spinning widdershins under a full moon. IOW, nonsense. If an update errored out, you have corrupted firmware.

I bought the phone November 2014, so it is still under warranty
    Then you've wasted MUCH too much time on it already. If it takes more than 5 minutes and a few button presses, and it's under warranty, let Google (or LG) worry about it. And be sure to let them know that it was "repaired" for the same problem previously and evidently wasn't. I'd request a replacement if it happened to me - they get one shot at repairing it.
    04-03-2015 10:07 PM