Why is my sd card saying insufficient space when it's a new 32gb card?

A

AC Question

I have a Blu Studio 5.5 phone. It's an android. My mom has a Samsung Galaxy S5. We both have the same problem. One minute the SD card works in it then it stops and reads "damaged sd card. try re-formatting" and "insufficient space". I can't download music. It skips through all the songs saved on the card as if scanning. I also can't save photos taken. For video it says "camera stopped working" then shuts off the camera. These problems happen when the SD Card is not working.

Once it works, everything else works.

Please help. I've tried the cmd CHKDSK but it worked for a few seconds until I tried downloading a song then it started saying insufficient space again.

Thanks!

Deeds88

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I bought it from a guy I know. But it's also happening with my 4gb card I bought from a store and have been using for years. The 32 gb one says insufficient space but shows 22.7gb available. It was working perfectly today then just stopped again. My mother's chip (which is also 4gb and years old) is doing the same thing in her samsung galaxy s 5.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Well then return your phone for warranty also just so you know if you did have a fake sd card, they are made to spoof another size so the phone or even a computer would read it as its sold to be but its really not.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. It sounds like a damaged SD card port - OR a bug in a recent update.

2. Downloads go to internal storage, unless you've rooted the phone and swapped internal and external storage. You can have a 200GB totally blank card and not be able to download because there's no space left on internal storage.

3. If it's a SanDisk card, go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support and look for live support in the upper right corner. If it's someone else's card, good luck. (Samsung makes good cards too, but getting help from them makes pushing an elephant through a keyhole look easy.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton